Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew a cylinder in my d15b7 and want to buy a jdm d15b vtec swap but I got a couple questions...

If I buy the JDM d15b vtec with the jdm p08 ecu, will I have any wiring problems other than the harness being on the right? Also will I get better gains if I buy the tranny with it? My intake/headers/exhaust will all fit from my b7 to the b vtec right?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Everything fits, you'll only need to wire the vtec and maybe knock sens. The tranny will either be like the LX 4.08 or EX 4.25 final drive depending what the swap came from. Alot of this is covered here and a search would cover most of it, but I'm a nice guy so I'll spare you the obnoxoiusness...

·
Registered
1 Posts
^^^Ya I agree with him I had the 93 lx and i drove that thing til the day it threw a rod. I then swapped the jdm d15b with the jdm ecu and the stock lx tranny. the only thing I had to do was run I think It was four wires two for the vtec solenoid<---spelling? lol and then also for the 02 sensor but i may be wrong about the o2 sensor it has been two years since I have had that car and am workin on buyin another one.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Please do youre'self a favour and make sure you get the tranny. Make sure you get either the SI or Ex. You will feel a big difference, best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I blew a cylinder in my d15b7 and want to buy a jdm d15b vtec swap but I got a couple questions...

If I buy the JDM d15b vtec with the jdm p08 ecu, will I have any wiring problems other than the harness being on the right? Also will I get better gains if I buy the tranny with it? My intake/headers/exhaust will all fit from my b7 to the b vtec right?
The only thing you will have to wire in is VTEC. Just reuse the harness thats in your car. I recommend buying the transmission as well. From what I've seen, when you put a VTEC engine and a non-VTEC transmission into a car, when you shift at higher RPM's, you'll fall out of VTEC. Your I/H/E from your B7 will bolt up just fine to the D15B.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been busy nearly forgot about this site came back to check my posts since I've got about $800 saved for a d15b vtec!! I'm still tossing the idea around if I should swap my honda or if I should just start making payments on another car to drive and work on my honda when I got more money. The car's just been sitting in the driveway I tried driving it a few days ago and ended up pushing it a couple blocks to my house :(...

Anyone have any idea how much in labor I'm looking at to get the engine installed? I tried calling every shop around here to get a quote but none of them will swap it. Only one left is Pepboys and they screwed me once it's not happening twice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
swap it yourself i did the same swap and it was my first. its not that hard and you get to know alot about the car. i did the swap in my driveway the only thing that sucked is that i did it without a cherry picker. witch made it take a little longer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You'll probably have to find a shop that does custom work or "I have a friend that will do it..." kind of thing. That's how I got my SI tranny installed when I had no tools to do it myself b/c I was in another state finishing school. Call shops and ask if they know anyone who will do it. You'll find somebody who isn't a jackass and will give you a shop, a name of the guy who will do it, and a number.

I had a B7 trans originally and 3rd gear took me to 100. lol. 2nd went up to 65-70, which was really cool for passing people in 2-lane 55mph zones, but other than that, it kind of sucked. Then I put in the Si trans...HUGE difference. I ran the #'s through Excel and it's like a 7-13% increase in overall power at the wheels (averaging all 5 gears...I deleted the file) with the trans switch. You can chirp the tires going into 3rd from a redline shift in second with a stock D15B VTEC and the Si trans. Get the tranny!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was checking out Hmotors and these motors are really cheap. $499 for a 92-95 D15B SOHC VTEC longblock. Right now I can't decide between the D15B and the D16ZC for a swap.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
there all right then only thing i did diff was i got chipped p28 so it made a lil eazyer 2 pass smog since i could change maps

i agree. do yourself a favor and get the p28 and chip it to po8 maps. you will not pass smog on a jdm po8 ecu.

ex and si trannys are both very good trannys, but my only argument is you have the option of an lsd tranny w/the jdm d15b but ratios arent as good.

·
Registered
252 Posts
:stupid: i had 2 do the same thing and i would go whit jdm tranny just for the lsd. you'll get out the box a lil faster then most tats y i did then i rebuild the old one. just a idea

·
Registered
40 Posts
o yea and i also wanted to know how to wire 3 stage vtec?? this is a hard one i been told. i really need help on this one please give me as much info as you can...thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts