Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this a jdm d15b vtec i have put about 1000 miles on it since i got it. it runs good. no problems thus far. at idle this thing sounds pretty loud. i dont hear any knocking from the bottom end. and i have inspected all of the timing components.
what i i can really hear the valves closeing. so i went to set my valve lash, from what i could find on D-series.org valve lash on this motor is .007 I
.009 E i went cylinder 1-3-4-2 but the clearence was tighter than .007, more like .005 on the intake and exhaust valves seemed to be right at .009 when these parts in the head wear does the valve clearence 2 rocker arm shrink or grow? im gonna guess that the clearence would grow, unless you sucked a valve past the seat.

also i have a AEM CAI and i have been told that the noise from the Intake valves closing will "echo" in the metal tube.

do these things just run loud?

Thanks For your Help.

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the car was in my garage for 48 hours before i pulled the valve over and started checking clearences

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
and were you rotating the crank before each cylinder check?

·
Registered
89 crx
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep lined up the TDC mark and gave it about 1/4 turn for each cylinder watching the cam lobes totally disengage the rocker arms on each cylinder before checking. it doesnt run like crap. i get great MPG. pulls strong as hell for a 1.5L. doesnt smoke at all. it just seems a little loud. i just hope its nothing to worry about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts