Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a ef civic with a jdm d15b vtec in it. I'm planning on rebuilding the engine and possibly replacing the rods+pistons with a stronger set if I turbo it. I have found a a lot of threads discussing external parts with part numbers but I have not found a thread discussing the appropriate aftermarket rods+piston for this engine. I've found people claim the z6 rods fit without modification, yet in those same threads people still argue otherwise. Has anybody figured this out? And any links to any additional/helpful information for this engine will be appreciated!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
measure your rod journal and go from there...

Hey guys I have a ef civic with a jdm d15b vtec in it. I'm planning on rebuilding the engine and possibly replacing the rods+pistons with a stronger set if I turbo it. I have found a a lot of threads discussing external parts with part numbers but I have not found a thread discussing the appropriate aftermarket rods+piston for this engine. I've found people claim the z6 rods fit without modification, yet in those same threads people still argue otherwise. Has anybody figured this out? And any links to any additional/helpful information for this engine will be appreciated!

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
176 Posts
There are low comp. ratio pistons that will work, but they're really a motor to themselves. D16 rods with D15 crank journals. I have a d15b and the only thing I can do is use it for a turbo charged motor.
Keep us in the loop on what you find for rods and pistons.
Thanks
H. M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts