Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl, i have a problem, i had a d15b jdm vtec engine and my bottom end died, so i thort why not get some nice p29 pistons and put them in to my engine, so i did, using the existing d15 rods, once installed they sat 1mm above the block, we are talking about the skirt of the pistons, not the dome middle, so i thort use the stock head gasget and add 1 extra layer on top, of the head gasget, so they dont touch but i am thinking im running way to much compression cause the car is pinging like a bi^&*, when i put back the timing i can get the pinging to stop, but then the car does not move!. what should i do, my aim was to run a cr of 11 ish but my guess is that im running 12 or 13,... should i remove the head and add two head gasgets (6 layers) ? i would really like to run a compression ratio of 11

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
see my D15Baby8 build, I'm about to complete what you've alreay done.

MAJOR ECU tweaking will be needed.

Youb stated 1.0mm (.040") above deck, yet I measured .052" on my setup. Enough that that pistons CLOSED the gap on the spark plugs.

NGK R5671-8A are need to clear the piston dome.

PS: Your location please.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it could be .052, i just looked at it and it looked like about 1mm out. right now i think im running 14.6 cr which is not good, my goal was 11ish, which means it looks like i might need to get a 3mm head gasket. which would solve the problem, but , im worryed about pushing the head up 3mm cause it could move the timing belt out of half a tooth. so im not to sure what i should do. im from sydney australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts