Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, let's try this again...Please read everything I post prior to responding.

My D15b from H-motors is not going into vtec, it never has evidently (2.5yrs). I know it is not because I have dyno'd the car and it peaked at 5050rpm. There are no check engine lights, my speedometer works, etc. I am running a P28 ecu.

Here's the kicker, I wired up a vtec light and it is sending a signal to the solenoid. For all of you newbies, that means that all the things that must be 'ok' for vtec to engage are 'ok'.

I have tried another solenoid, I have verified that the solenoid screen is clean, I have verified that the solenoid clicks when 12v is applied, I have verified the oil pickup is clean and I have un-dented my oil pan.

The motor has never been taken apart, it is in the same shape as when H-motors sent it to me.

What am I overlooking?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ok, thats a tricky one.....the only thing i could think of is if u did the wiring for the v-tec to the ecu your self, that u migth have the wires for the pressure sensor backwards (ground to ecu and signal to ground), i have had this happen before and it was all the same drama (no check engine ligth and dying at 5500 rpms) but other than that i can think of anything else, expect if someone fucked with the cam

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
i think i might be having the same problem

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, thats a tricky one.....the only thing i could think of is if u did the wiring for the v-tec to the ecu your self, that u migth have the wires for the pressure sensor backwards (ground to ecu and signal to ground), i have had this happen before and it was all the same drama (no check engine ligth and dying at 5500 rpms) but other than that i can think of anything else, expect if someone fucked with the cam
The computer is sending 12v to the solenoid. It is wired correctly.

I got the motor from H-motors and it has not been messed with. I really want to get this fixed. :cussing:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
well i really dont know what to tell u, but to me it really sounds like u have a problem in the cam, try and swap it out and see what happens, is not like is gonna hurt anything to just try

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
if u had ANY idea of what happens inside the head when vtec is engaged u would know what im talking about, if there is a problem in the cam thats not leting the pins lock the secondary cam lobes, then....buala!!! VTEC will not engage.

meaby u should look up the definition for V-TEC

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
V-TEC= Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Listen noob, until you can watch this video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcT_ZyY3F0k
and tell me how doing a cam swap would change how the system operates, quit f-ing up my thread. If the pins aren't engaging (obviously) then putting in my other cam won't solve a god damn thing.

Why does this happen every f-ing time I broach this subject?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
we have all seen that video a million times, and i get what ur saying, but if some one swapped out the cam for a non-v-tec cam then the secondary arm would not have a higher profile lobe to ride on, and no matter where u got the engine from theres really no way of telling what all has been fucked with inside the motor, remember is hard to come across a d15b cam and theres people who would pay good money for one

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
we have all seen that video a million times, and i get what ur saying, but if some one swapped out the cam for a non-v-tec cam then the secondary arm would not have a higher profile lobe to ride on, and no matter where u got the engine from theres really no way of telling what all has been fucked with inside the motor, remember is hard to come across a d15b cam and theres people who would pay good money for one
H-motors is quite possibly the most reputable Motor site online, and I do believe they have a warranty. I highly doubt they snatched out the cam...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts