1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Wow, Thats a D17. In Japan i know they dont have numbers for there engines sort of like our D15B8 or B7 or B2, its just D15B. I think some sellers have taken that and dubbed all SOHC Motor's D15B's.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EG8SIR said:
Wow, Thats a D17. In Japan i know they dont have numbers for there engines sort of like our D15B8 or B7 or B2, its just D15B. I think some sellers have taken that and dubbed all SOHC Motor's D15B's.
That's why I was wondering. I know all about the lack of identifacation on JDM motors, like having to explain exactaly what ZC your running.

ryan89crx said:
that site's prices are outrageous!

go with www.hmotorsonline.com
I'm not in the market right now, just saw that and was wondering.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My ZC Is the JDM Version of the D16Z6, Which is the OBD1 SOHC Vtec Motor in America. Why not get a D16Z6? try finding one with 48k with tranny for $400 installed, BEYAW!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way ahead of you, I was just wondering if any of the 7th gen guys had heard of this, or if it was true.

·
Registered
169 Posts
lol that engine's a waste of time- the d15 post 2001 in vtec-e kicks out around 110hp.. its did not come in only JDM- lots of export Singapore, Indian & Sri Lankan cars come with the engine..

·
Registered
509 Posts
you want a good sohc engine to swap into your 7th gen , go for a D16W8. its the only REAL vtec engine for 7th gens. same setup as a D16Y8.

·
Registered
509 Posts
negative i already told you man , theres no 3 stage VTEC. dont let the fact they call the lobes on the cam primary secondary and middle(when your reading specs or what not). theres 3 rockers on real VTEC not VTEC-E engines. 2 of the rockers the valves ride on all the time , and when VTEC engages both valves run on the middle one. 2 stages. as far as i know , there is only 3 SOHC engines that have real VTEC. D16Z6 , D16Y8 and D16W8(newest). and theres 3 SOHC VTEC-E engines , D16Y5 , D15Z1 , and D17A2.

·
Registered
509 Posts
wooohooo , lol , just making sure you guys dont make any decisions without the right info my man. false info has started wars , lol.

·
Registered
509 Posts
no my bad there is 3 stage vtec. but in my defense , only available in countries youl never see , lol. and theres only 1 ever , but 2 different gens , obd1 D15B , and obd2 D15B. but , theres somin new i was reading the other day. hondas comming out with an advanced VTEC engine , 2.4 I-VTEC(dont know code yet). im assuming , this is also going to be a 3 stage VTEC engine. but 3 stage I-VTEC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts