skunk2 valve spring
ferrea valve
ati super damper
neptune rtp and neptune tune
s80 transmission w/ lsd

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
If you said single vs B20v then id say B20v but a b16, single turbo all day. Just be a stickler about the maintenance and you will be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
96.4 kW (129.3 hp) @ 13'500 rpm (claimed)
101 kW (135 hp) @ 13'500 rpm (with RAM)

thats a bad ass bike you have there 2drz6 :)

this builds will be my dd and track car

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
96.4 kW (129.3 hp) @ 13'500 rpm (claimed)
101 kW (135 hp) @ 13'500 rpm (with RAM)

thats a bad ass bike you have there 2drz6 :)

this builds will be my dd and track car
No its far from that.

Its a 97 ninja with 84 HP. she will get down and boogie but she is not anything liek the R version

Just wanted to clear that up

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
Honestly, the stock b16a will last the longest. Especially if you don't put stiffer valve springs for no reason.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I think neither, cuase my junky ZX6E ninja will spank both on the track

Street racing is for dumbasses

to answer your question the turbo single

/thread
true facts, I also used to have a ZX6E and raced it. with just a 13T front sprocket and on the garbage Battlax rear tire I ran an [email protected]

No its far from that.

Its a 97 ninja with 84 HP. she will get down and boogie but she is not anything liek the R version

Just wanted to clear that up
no, they've got 100hp.

I really like mid-90s kawasakis, so I up and sold it and bought a ZX600F generation ZX6R, which is a better bike in literally every way

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
true facts, I also used to have a ZX6E and raced it. with just a 13T front sprocket and on the garbage Battlax rear tire I ran an [email protected]

no, they've got 100hp.

I really like mid-90s kawasakis, so I up and sold it and bought a ZX600F generation ZX6R, which is a better bike in literally every way
I have been thinking of doing a 13t front spocket. But I am having a fuel issues currently lol.

From everywhere I have read they have 84-86 hp and up 46ft/lb. IDK lol/

Mine came from the factory with the vance and hines exhuast on it and supposedly those are the ones to have

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
when I sold mine, I had the V&H full system, Factorypro jet kit.

the V&H sounded good but the main thing was dropping 15lbs of weight off that pig of a bike.

the 13t front sprocket really woke the bike up

I got rid of mine because I could never get the fuelling right either, actually. I suspect staggering the mains like kawi did on the 600Fs would probably have fixed it though (i.e., 140 main fuel on the outside 2 cylinders, 142 or 145 main fuel on the middle two)

the original 1993 review of the 6E had the bike dyno at 93whp, factory claimed was 100hp.

zx6e.net is a great site for those if you didn't know about it already, similar community to here

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
D15B turbo all the way! I smash on B series all day, even B20vtecs.

Read my sig

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
when I sold mine, I had the V&H full system, Factorypro jet kit.

the V&H sounded good but the main thing was dropping 15lbs of weight off that pig of a bike.

the 13t front sprocket really woke the bike up

I got rid of mine because I could never get the fuelling right either, actually. I suspect staggering the mains like kawi did on the 600Fs would probably have fixed it though (i.e., 140 main fuel on the outside 2 cylinders, 142 or 145 main fuel on the middle two)

the original 1993 review of the 6E had the bike dyno at 93whp, factory claimed was 100hp.

zx6e.net is a great site for those if you didn't know about it already, similar community to here
I would like to jet mine (just to be on the safe side) so I can pull the pipe off and just have the exhuast come out right behind the footpeg.

I had my carbs synced a few weeks after I got back from my deployment and he was telling me the same but I havent had an issue since. I think my problem is the fuel pump between the cold weather and old crappy gas I figure I would start there and then the FF.

I am a memebr over ther as zx6Extraslow lol

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
the pump only runs for like 2 seconds at startup, just enough to fill the float bowls
exactly, but it still has to move fuel. I havent started this thing in over 4 moves so that why I am going to look at the pump, FF, and vents as I had a buell with a pinch vent tube and it wouldnt vent proprely so ever 20 miles or so it would shut off.

Its been to cold lately and snowing so tomorrow hopefully I cant dig into it

·
B-series Destroyer
912 Posts
guys what do you think?which is better build and will last longer
d15b vtec turbo or b16a na
thank you.

SPECS:
d15b vtec p08
t3/t4 turbo
550cc injector w/ resistor box
stock sleeve
cp piston
eagle rods
arp headstud
warlbro 255 fuel pump
crower valve spring,retainer,valve locks
stage 2 crower camshaft

vs

b16a eg6 2nd gen
421 headers
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body
skunk2 valve spring
ferrea valve
ati super damper
s80 transmission w/ lsd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you for your opinions :)

Guys can i use the cp piston 9.0.1 compression without the turbo?i will put the turbo after break in.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
A stock D15B with a super60 T3 or 50trim t3/t4 set to ~200whp will spank the built B16 any time of the day with any d-series 5-spd tranny. It will also last longer than the b16 if you do a mild hone & re-ring using OEM pistons instead of forged internals, presuming the cylinders are checked & w/in spec for roundness. A piston/rod combo will trade longevity for power handling.

My D16 at 189whp & LX tranny spanked a 193whp ITR w/ITR LSD trans, both dyno'd the same day on the same dyno.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
A stock D15B with a super60 T3 or 50trim t3/t4 set to ~200whp will spank the built B16 any time of the day with any d-series 5-spd tranny. It will also last longer than the b16 if you do a mild hone & re-ring using OEM pistons instead of forged internals, presuming the cylinders are checked & w/in spec for roundness. A piston/rod combo will trade longevity for power handling.

My D16 at 189whp & LX tranny spanked a 193whp ITR w/ITR LSD trans, both dyno'd the same day on the same dyno.
Thats power to weight ratio right there.

And i pick turbo d15b over b16 any day.
turbo is always better

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
guys what do you think?which is better build and will last longer
d15b vtec turbo or b16a na
thank you.

SPECS:
d15b vtec p08
t3/t4 turbo
stock sleeve
cp piston
eagle rods
arp headstud
warlbro 255 fuel pump
stage 2 crower camshaft

vs

b16a eg6 2nd gen
421 headers
skunk2 intake manifold
skunk2 throttle body
skunk2 valve spring
ferrea valve
ati super damper
s80 transmission w/ lsd
I like B series engines, but what you laid out there is a joke. For a B16 with a stock cam (or port work), adding valves, valve springs, and large throttle body will actually make the car slightly slower if anything. A tune and a LSD will make almost no difference since you are changing almost nothing important about the engine, and a header, intake manifold and dampener are going to net you a handful of horsepower at the outside on what is basically a stock B16. So you just went from a stock 170hp to MAYBE 180hp at the most (at the flywheel) by spending at least a few thousand dollars. Poor choices there.

You could have had almost the exact same result, or better even, by taking a stock B16, getting a $180 ebay header/2.5" exhaust combo, a $50 halfway decent CAI, and a $180 lightweight flywheel without a tune.

Wheras the D series you laid out a whole turbo build that should be easily good up to a few hundred ponies depending on the exact turbo choosen.

Now if you had said:

Stock b16a eg6 2nd gen
t3/t4 turbo
warlbro 255 fuel pump
s80 transmission w/ lsd

Vs

SPECS:
d15b vtec p08
t3/t4 turbo
stock sleeve
cp piston
eagle rods
arp headstud
warlbro 255 fuel pump
stage 2 crower camshaft

I would say that there is some possibility of equal footing there, but not what you laid out. Any of the above possibilities can be made perfectly dependable. Obviously an unmodified NA b16 with a stock tune is the most foolproof, but with decent tuning any of them could be in nearly the same boat.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts