Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am very glad I found this forum as it looks like there is much information on the D series engines. I have a 1993 del sol with a d15b, and I am motivated to get a turbo setup. I am not sure weather to piece together a setup or just buy a kit. I was looking at the inexpensive greddy kits and I cant seem to find one for the del sol, would one of the civic kits fit? Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I pieced mine together, took about 2 months (budget prohibited from doing it faster). Our forum sponsors have lots of great parts to offer. I also have a del sol... good luck with your build :)
heres my parts bin as it sits. waiting to put it in very soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, I may just start collecting parts, as I do have some time, and not enough cash to buy an entire kit yet. Does anybody know if the greddy kit for the honda civic would fit in a del sol. I cant seem to find one that is specificaly for the del sol. Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I may just start collecting parts, as I do have some time, and not enough cash to buy an entire kit yet. Does anybody know if the greddy kit for the honda civic would fit in a del sol. I cant seem to find one that is specificaly for the del sol. Thanks
its more or less based on the motor type. someone chime in if im wrong, but the only difference may be the way the piping for the IC and such lines up.

·
Premium Member
A lot
2,028 Posts
I agree. There are a LOT of benefits to piecing one together yourself. I can guarantee you that you will be happier with a setup you assembled yourself then buying a Greddy (or similar) kit. I can also guarantee that if you were to buy a Greddy kit, once you became more familiar with the options available you would quickly be modifying the Greddy kit, or selling it and piecing one together anyways.

There are several great vendors on this forum that offer unbeatable prices to forum members.

Where in WA are you? There are several of us that live in WA. Check the Race/Show/Events section, we're all getting together May 18th.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
take some time..?? i ordered all my shit on a monday, had it by thursday, was installed, did exhaust, injectors, chipped ecu an finished tuning on saturday haha... maybe i rushed it..??
taking time as in finding the best deals on parts. so far ive got everything, but an ostrich and burn1 and im only $450'ish deep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am really leaning towards piecing my own together now, all I have to do is figure out what is a good deal and what is not. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I found a link from one of the threads that led me to a rebuilt turbo site. I was looking at one for 400$, sounds like a good deal to me. Peace

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
well my recomendation will save the money an get a complete because u never know what can u miss at last second .. but GL man
So u want to get just the turbo itself ? or a complete kit for 400 bucks ? :S
My turbo alone was 2 bills and was the most expensive peice in my setup..

JRC intercooler with Blitz SSQ BOV mounted "100 bucks - ebay"
reman'd 450 dsm injectors "40 bucks - ebay"
individual resistors for injector grounds "1.50 for 4 of'm - Radio Shack"
brand new golden eagle vac manifold with fittings "20 bucks - ebay"
turbonetics evolution wastegate "40 - bucks ebay"
ecu chip kit "20 bucks - xenocron"
3" downpipe with 02 flange and flex pipe "100 bucks - done by me"

thats $321.50 + $200 for my turbo = $521.50 + $250 for tune for a grand total of $771.50

And it's been about 8 months runnin hard so far, with ZERO engine/turbo problems... "minus any transmission incidents lol"...

So yeah I got a great deal and i'm loving every second of my budget turbo build, compared to spending a couple G's just for a turbo kit = LMFAO..!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts