Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I am currently in the process of replacing my blown d15b vtec motor which is obd1 to a d16y8 vtec which is an obd2a.

I want to keep it obd1 so i am using the distributor, the alternator and the intake manifold from the d15b so i can use the d15b harness.

also i will be getting a friend to map the ecu for the y8

my question is: is there anything i am overlooking of anything else that i will need?

please dont say a jumper harness, just think about it... it doesnt apply to this situation because im trying to put a obd2a motor in an obd1 wired car.

will the above method work?
my biggest concern would be the loss of power from switching the intake manifold and if so is there any work around for this or am i just being too worrisome?

to reiterate, will the d15b intake manifold be compatible with the d16y8 motor and will it affect the overall power of the motor drastically?

p.s i have a d15b transmission non lsd and was wondering if it directly bolts up to the d16y8 engine or will i need to get a transmission that comes with the d16y8?

thanks in advance guys
im a noob so bash me all you like lol

Christian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the fuel injectors, oxygen sensor, dizzy and the ecu. idk about power loss with the new intake manifold. but y8 should be better. and the transmission will bolt up

·
Registered
THE CRX
982 Posts
people love those b7 intake manis as they can hook up a b series tb to it.
thats good for a turbo boost setup though.

some people DO switch out the d15b intake(others like it) and replace it with either the b7(which is similar), or z6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts