Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off i swapped a d15b into my 94 CX hatch, i swapped wiring harnesses over and will run my vtec wiring when i get the correct ECU, but in the meantime I am trying to just get it running with the stock p05 ECU I also have a p06 but i cant get it running the main problem is im not getting fuel, i removed the bleeder screw and it doesnt seem the fuel line is pressurizing nor does it seem the fuel pump is running, but it worked fine just before the swap...any ideas why the fuel pump would all of a sudden stop working?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok got her running, turns out it was a wiring harness plug on drivers side shock tower that wasnt completely snapped together (there goes 6 hour of my life,lol). Another question, im running stock CX ECU for time being just till my p28 arrives, but i get a high idle like around 3k rpm, if i manually push throttle spring back as far as possible rpms drop but i get a surging between 900 and 1k rpm, question is will the p28 smooth this out? if not i know i have some tweaking to do yet, new plugs,wires but i remember on the old motor before it died (stock CX) it surged at idle so was thinking the ecu is the culprit, anyone knowledgeable please weigh in on this subject for me please.Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update, the D15b runs AWESOME!! Cant wait to get my p28 and Vtec wired up, one glitch it seems my fan sensor was not working, i let the car idle and watched my temp gauge and it started rising and got to about 215 degrees and the fan didnt kick on, so i wired the fan to the fuse box so the fan stays running when the car is on and after running the engine semi hard for quite a while it never got hotter than 150-160 degrees. Also the engine GROWLS now,LOL, never even sounded that good at WOT with old engine as it does at idle now , hehehe. Header should be here when ECU arrives too WooHoo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts