Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
civic
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys if you didnt know i slung a bearing in the z6 that was in it and needed a quick repair, engine arrived approx 2 weeks after i blew up the other one and we started the swap, everything went smooth with no problems, we go to crank it up, no spark...fkn osaka motors took the shit out of the distributor, we used my z6 dizzy and started it up..took it for a testdrive...no vtec wit a CEL...i flashed it and got the code for intake air temp sensor...changed it...no CEL..but still no vtec??

my vtec is either really soft...or sumthing

it seems to get slower into higher RPMs i cant seem to figure out whats wrong with no codes??

can anyone help

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
if you really want to make sure vtec is working do 2 things.

1. Put a test light (12v with ground) into the green vtec solenoid wire and position it where you can see it in the dash, and ground the other wire. if its getting the signal, the test light will light up.

2. Check the oil pan for a dent, my SOHC ZC Vtec had a dent in the pan and it through no codes but vtec still didnt work, due to lower oil pressure then normal. I believe Vtec needs 55psi of pressure to atually push the rocker arm over and without it that pressure, the computer will send the signal and the solenoid will activate but no changeover and no cel.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
civic
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...ill stop by radio shack and pick up a led...i work in the mall so its right there...ill update to see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts