Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am getting ready to buy a d15b to put into my 91 crx hf...i have been surfing the net for some time now just trying to learn as much as i can. With so much info i was wondering if anyone knew of a good guide to this swap....just loking for something to reduce all this stuff down into guide/parts list.....anything
thanks
Eric

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well are you doing the D15B JDM Vtec swap or just a regular ol D15B???

Im doing the JDM one, i can help you in regards to your swap.....i need more info like your plans and what the actual motor code is, but if its a D its surely a drop in motor to the good ol HF model.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i'd also be interested if anyone can help

my current engine is a d-series dual carb (which has an ecu)

wiring is my biggest problem

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah wiring is also my problem....i plan on using a p08 ecu( i think thats the right one) ...from what i have learned i need a jumper harnes to connect the ecu to the harnes in my car but i also need some way to wire up vtec... thats what i dont really understand... i guess if i use the po8 then all i have to do i connect up the vtec wires....plus i have to change to obd0 to obd1... i am so confused...some one please direct me....thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
obd0 to obd1 harness
then just find a wiring diagram the shows you which wires go to the ecu for vtec

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about wiring a PMFI main relay into a carby harness?

I have the schematics diagram for it but have no idea how to read it

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
run a wire from a4 to the vtec solenoid
run a wire from d6 to the vtec pressure sensor
run the 2nd wire from the pressure sensor to the chassis

voila!

(honestly, there are a hundred posts on wiring vtec)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
michael_antoi said:
how about wiring a PMFI main relay into a carby harness?

I have the schematics diagram for it but have no idea how to read it

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi guys reading your coments wondering if u boys cud help me. i hav a civic eg4 d15b3 single carby auto choke on a 91-92 and i want to drop a d15b vtec in it from a eg4 vti wot will i need 2 do example engine mounts,gearbox,ecu,fuel pump etc etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts