Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering if i can stroke my d15b with d17 crank and pistons including the rods i would like to know a lot of info on the how to, because

a) i´m a noob

b) i got a great deal on d17 internals (pistons,rods,crank)

c) i´m from venezuela and don´t have too many options for swap or aftermarket support and want to kill bitches on my little "1.5"

D) i got a dual carbed engine with no ECU and VTEC-E head so i think it´s pretty badass :pedo:

thanks guys :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
simple answer....no way.
So if it not gonna work, what can i do to stroke my engine? i have seen d16a6 getting stroker without issues but i would like to do it to my d15b :)

why not just do it and she if she comes alive or not:hammer:
I want to do it bro but i´m scared of doing because here in venezuela everything is so expensive and a replace engine it will be expensive than buying my car again so if it blows :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1 on the mains. I built a 17 stroker from a z6 with the guidance of dso
so what do you recommend me to stroke my d15b? i´m trying to build something very unique because here nobody has ever build a stroker D series, but i got to work with what i have and all the D17a2 parts are a cheap deal :/

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
why dont you sell the d17 stuff to someone with an a6 and just go fuel injection and a z6/y8

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
so what do you recommend me to stroke my d15b? i´m trying to build something very unique because here nobody has ever build a stroker D series, but i got to work with what i have and all the D17a2 parts are a cheap deal :/
D16 z6 a6 y7 y8 etc. You should be able to pick up a block for cheap. I find them for fifty or so pretty regularly for just block and girdle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
D16 z6 a6 y7 y8 etc. You should be able to pick up a block for cheap. I find them for fifty or so pretty regularly for just block and girdle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yeah bro in the states but here in my country our economy sucks and z6 swaps can cost same price as a k20 swap in the states :( but i changing my mind on stroker and build an all motor with stock internals. :D

why dont you sell the d17 stuff to someone with an a6 and just go fuel injection and a z6/y8
i wish i could but i can´t because as i say it before parts are hard finding and a full fuel injection swap is really expensive and harness and ecu are nearly unicorn parts, here only big money guys and shops build sick rides and most of them are D-Series :/ if got a lot of money you can do a B swap and if you are rich you can go K,J,F and H :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
It sounds like you need someone stateside to buy parts for you. Even with shipping it sounds like you would come out cheaper.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I paid less for my entire car than a K swap would cost.

shit I paid less for it than a decent GSR or B16A swap costs :lol:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,798 Posts
short deck and long stroke NEVER work together, EVER!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey guys i´m back the project is still going on but stroker is not a option, she is getting all motor build on oem internals, after a teardown i came to the crankshaft only needing to take out the flywheel and 2 little pieces a Thrust washers i think how it´s called came down, what are they function? did i need them?¿ i never have been seen that is my first engine build so i´m really really noob don´t be mad at me :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yes thrush washers are needed, they prevent the crank from "walking" (front and back movement of crank).
thanks bro :) but what would be the correct position of them? since they came out alone when the damper was removed :) i´m looking now to how many torque lbs need the all the elements when get assembly together again :D

later i will upload some pics and will change the thread to rebuild thread :p

here is my nwp4life build thread and constant progress on my car :) http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=41760 any ideas and critics are welcome i have almost done all the autobody and stuff to my car, is my first build and basically learning how to do everything :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts