Honda D Series Forum banner

d15b smokin

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  chubz 
#1 ·
what up fam im new to the site as a member but ive always used it for info but i cant find any1 who know whats the problem with my motor but heres the problem
its a 92 vx with a jdm d15b vtec motor boosted
eversince about 3 or 4 weeks ago the car just started kickin out light grey almost white smoke.when i start the car up i get no smoke but once the car starts warming up it starts to smoke.it smoke during regular driving and at idle as well but when i beat on the car the smoke goes away but once i release the pedal and hit it again the smoke comes back

#8 ·
i think its the seals but imma double check the oil 2 be positive.....if it is the seals were can i order some new 1s being the fact that my motor is a d15b and some people tell me that that valves on that motor are different from the other d-series but in dont know it thats true or not cause other people tell me its the same as the rest

#13 ·
i just pulled my head because of the suspicion of blown hg, and it was blown, i had could not see a difference in my oil according to the dipstick but had been losing water in small amounts for awhile. sometimes you cant tell if its the hg or not due to a small warp or gasket that closes it self off at times. but one sure way to see for sure is pull the valve cover off, because when i did it looked as if someone had take a jar of peanut butter and claimed rocker assembly as bread. just something to check

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.