Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 cx w/ 182,000 , im looking to swap in a d15b for the old tired d15b8 , the motor mounts, trans, axels , should bolt right up , my question lie's more around O2 wires, vtec, vacume lines, and ecu
-O2 wire i thought was a 4 wire (heated sensor) and the d15b will be a 1 wire (non heated ) what one wire do i hook up and whats the best thing to do with the rest so i dont through codes?
-vtec 2 wires i think but dono for sure , what 2 wires will i have to run to the ecu
-vacume lines , i dono what im asking , i heard that there were less smog crap on the d15b ~~any info would help alot
-ECU ?? i have a P05 i know that wont work well, Po6 or P28 will work fine , or so i have been told--but whats the diff between the two>?
-any other info or stuff i will come across and not expect??

last but not least --why was i told to get a d15b over a z6 or y8 , adv/disadv??
thanks guys

·
Registered
107 Posts
-You hook up the white wire to the O2 sensor. the rest you do nothing with. you wont get a cel.
-Since its a 92, you only have to run the two wires to the harness on the passengers side. orange/yellow to green/white, orange/blue to blue/black. the third is a black wire which you can ground anywhere.
-You will only have 1 vacuum line left which you can just plug. You wont get a cel.
-Just save yourself time and get the p08. I got mine for 100 dollars at hmotorsonline.com
-This site came in handy for removal/installation http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/index.html
-just keep an eye on where plugs are on your old harness. there are like 3 or 4 that can be interchanged and your engine will work but not be right.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
no... if he stays with a US ECU (p06,p28 etc) he will need to throw away the 1-wire o2 sensor and keep his old 4-wire. If he gets a JDM p08 (originally for that engine) then he keeps the 1-wire and correct... he uses just the white wire from the harness.

Again, if you go with the US ECU, you need to keep the purge control solenoid valve from your old engine (black thing on back/right of manifold). You will need to get a Tee connector ($1 at pepboys) and to share a vacuum line for it from another line. If you get the p08, nevermind... leave the connector hanging. You'll need to also plug one of the vac lines from the charcoal canister.

Finally, it sounds like you want plug and play. the p08 is definitely easy, but the p28 is also very easy to use. The p06 won't control vtec unless you modify it or get an RPM switch. Make sure you get the right one for your transmission (auto/manual).

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
yeah, they are...but nothing a chip won't fix

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so ....p08 would be the best plug and play ecu w/ no chip and then i wont have to worry about the purge control solenoid valve ??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the website i want to order off of is totaljdm.com they seem to have (or claim ) to be the best?? do you guys recomend anyone else or have experience with totaljdm.com ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts