Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard the JDM D15B rods are almost a joke in how weak they are, can I use other honda d-series rods without mods, or should i just get some aftermarket ones? which ones?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
JDM d15b are the same as z6 rods... not too bad...

the d15b7 rods are weak as hell.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now that's some great news. thanks guys. i've basically left clubcivic.com to come here since everyone over there says "swap". freakin annoying. glad to be here

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
CivicKid95 said:
now that's some great news. thanks guys. i've basically left clubcivic.com to come here since everyone over there says "swap". freakin annoying. glad to be here
Glad too hear you like it here. Welcome! Yea when you get around guys that think the D aint nothing they tend to say that because thats what they were told when they were where you are, so they never got the chance too see how good the D can Be :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
Glad too hear you like it here. Welcome! Yea when you get around guys that think the D aint nothing they tend to say that because thats what they were told when they were where you are, so they never got the chance too see how good the D can Be :)
I like the way you said it man.. :bubbrubb:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm going over to club civic nad stur some dust up. I hatre peiple who have no thought and follow the herd (MOOOO).

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
darn gotta wait till i get home to click activatino of my account. :/ jsut wait, their day is comming when I Assimilate them!! MMUUWWAAHHAAAAAaaaaaa!!!

anyone wanna come with me? :twisted:

We gonna have some FUN!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just mention you're a D series fan and they'll flip $hit so fast you'll freak. here, ask what mod you should do to your D first. $5 says somebody says "swap a b-series" in the first 3 replies if not the first

·
I
3,984 Posts
makku said:
JDM d15b are the same as z6 rods... not too bad...

the d15b7 rods are weak as hell.
i guess i dont fully understand this, but how can a 1.5L motor have a 1.6L rod... that would make it a 1.6L right? are you talking about the strength of the rods that makes them the same? i am confused.... :?

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's because the crank is unique. That is different from the z6 and the b7.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
3mm longer rods, so you move the wrist pin up 3mm..........

DX pistons = 30.7mm compression height
VX pistons = 27.7mm compression height

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could run the vitara pistons with Z6 rods on a D15 and that would put it into maybe a good caragory. ;)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
that is part of the next round of mock-ups :)

Only I'll be using a thinner/weaker VX rod, but same 137mm C-C length.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
transzex said:
3mm longer rods, so you move the wrist pin up 3mm..........

DX pistons = 30.7mm compression height
VX pistons = 27.7mm compression height

Cliff notes on this picture???

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that msut be an eariler dx piston, the ones I have sitting in my junk pile of spare parts in my garage are slightly dished. they are from a 97 DX.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
i guess i dont fully understand this, but how can a 1.5L motor have a 1.6L rod... that would make it a 1.6L right? are you talking about the strength of the rods that makes them the same? i am confused.... :?
The rod has nothing to do with the engine's displacement. The displacement is dictated by the bore of the cylinder and stroke of the crank.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts