Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ive got a d15b and first off Im curious to know if this is a jdm or not. The block says d15b only, but when I look at the head, I cant find any info on it beside what looks to be a serial number. Im trying to figure it out soon because I need an ecu for it and I need to make sure the head is correct.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
what car is this going in? what does the head look like? match the ecu to the head.
unless theyre not the same obd lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what car is this going in? what does the head look like? match the ecu to the head.
unless theyre not the same obd lol.
This is all currently in a 97 gsr integra I bought a week ago. I am trying to figure the best thing to do. Now that I know this isnt a vtec head, would I mini-me swap? Or just get rid of the d15b thats in it now, including head, and buy a diff engine? The ecu that I have in the car is a P75,manual for the integra gsr stock b18.
Suggestions? and thanks for the support so far:)

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
537 Posts
What trans is this motor mated to? Are smog regulations in your area going to cause issues it being an entirely different engine in it? Lots of different ways to go, but its all going to come down to money and time in the end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its mated to an E5F, Ill have a pic below. Its a manual. Smog regulations arent an issue. I have a decent bit of money, and Ive been wanting to put some toward the car. Still, trying to find out the nicest budget engine for the car.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
Its mated to an E5F, Ill have a pic below. Its a manual. Smog regulations arent an issue. I have a decent bit of money, and Ive been wanting to put some toward the car. Still, trying to find out the nicest budget engine for the car. View attachment 138767

Dude, we need more overall pics! Not just close up moneyshots :)

I want to see this D in the teg haha. I cant believe its actually running on the P75 lmao.

Ripper vids too. Turbo this frankenstein! No one has a D in a true GSR, super cool!

More pics!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, we need more overall pics! Not just close up moneyshots :)

I want to see this D in the teg haha. I cant believe its actually running on the P75 lmao.

Ripper vids too. Turbo this frankenstein! No one has a D in a true GSR, super cool!

More pics!
Thats the thing lol, engine and everything in it, and I dont have the correct ecu to run the thing. Thats why im considering either selling the d15, or keeping it and getting good performance out of it as well as it being in the teg! Right now, it looks off. I still need to find a bracket for the front bumper so I have it off for the meantime. Also, dude that had it before me decided to strip the enterior. Honestly, as of right now I want my interior and exterior in decent shape before I do anything performance, and a new set of wheels. Heres some pics of it now:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Myself I'd mini me it, find a z6 head, port it, upgrade springs and retainers, get a proper 4-2-1 header for it for now, obd1 swap and tune, then think about how far you wanna take it, "like midly wild" or "this guy is nuts" is where I'd go with it, just to say I put a D in a gsr 😍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Myself I'd mini me it, find a z6 head, port it, upgrade springs and retainers, get a proper 4-2-1 header for it for now, obd1 swap and tune, then think about how far you wanna take it, "like midly wild" or "this guy is nuts" is where I'd go with it, just to say I put a D in a gsr 😍
Sounds like a great idea:)) I have 2 questions though- what do you mean by 4-2-1 header, and which ecu do I swap my p75 with for that header? I have to still figure out all the stuff with wiring my stuff correctly but Id need a bit of help since this is my first honda/acura im working with and my first project :) thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Right now you have a shorty 4-1 header, they are kinda mutts that don't do mid range or top end power well, they do it, just not well, a 4-2-1 is more of a midrange producer that will keep it streetable and easy to tune, and they are cheap, 150-170 will get you a decent one that has flanges thick enough to not warp and primary tubes heavy enough ga they won't crack at the welds.
Ecu wise look for an obd1 p28 or p06 to have socketed so so it can be tuned, you will also need the jumper harness to switch from obd2 to obd1.
As for help, that's pretty readily available here, you can find most info you are looking for already posted if you dig around on here, and when that fails a question will get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right now you have a shorty 4-1 header, they are kinda mutts that don't do mid range or top end power well, they do it, just not well, a 4-2-1 is more of a midrange producer that will keep it streetable and easy to tune, and they are cheap, 150-170 will get you a decent one that has flanges thick enough to not warp and primary tubes heavy enough ga they won't crack at the welds.
Ecu wise look for an obd1 p28 or p06 to have socketed so so it can be tuned, you will also need the jumper harness to switch from obd2 to obd1.
As for help, that's pretty readily available here, you can find most info you are looking for already posted if you dig around on here, and when that fails a question will get you pointed in the right direction.
Was looking around for heads last night. Is a remanufactured d16z6 head better/worth it more than just a used one I port myself? It seems like it would be considering the expense of 100$, but im still unsure. I am also going to get a p28 ecu chipped

·
Registered
537 Posts
A reman for 100? That's a ridiculously low price, and I would doubt anything had been done to it other than cleaning, unless you can physically inspect it before purchase be wary. that being said, how much is your time worth? Think they are 60 from pick a part, so an extra $40 gets you a clean head to pull apart, port, and send out to a reputable machine shop with instructions to check the valve guides and give it a valve job.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,116 Posts
I spy a blox slave cylinder and a red pressure plate......wonder if anythings been done to the block.
also see its missing an engine harness

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A reman for 100? That's a ridiculously low price, and I would doubt anything had been done to it other than cleaning, unless you can physically inspect it before purchase be wary. that being said, how much is your time worth? Think they are 60 from pick a part, so an extra $40 gets you a clean head to pull apart, port, and send out to a reputable machine shop with instructions to check the valve guides and give it a valve job.
Reman for 350, the base head used is 250 or so, so thats why Im trying to decide. My stepfather is the manager for machining engines for nhra, id have him take a look at stuff first

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I spy a blox slave cylinder and a red pressure plate......wonder if anythings been done to the block.
The dude I bought it from claimed he had done the blox slave cylinder and pressure plate, says its a stage 3 or whatever for the trans. Though, I need a clutch for it.
There is an engine harness with the engine, all the wiring is behind the engine head, and same with the lighting wires. The whole harness is in my passenger side floor, and the relay wiring is on driver side floor.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
some stage xtd

The dude I bought it from claimed he had done the blox slave cylinder and pressure plate, says its a stage 3 or whatever for the trans. Though, I need a clutch for it.
There is an engine harness with the engine, all the wiring is behind the engine head, and same with the lighting wires. The whole harness is in my passenger side floor, and the relay wiring is on driver side floor.
should be fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts