Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well basically i am about to purchase the super D engine kit w/75.5 vitaras from fjt for my JDMD15B. he is asking me about bearings. whether they are the same as z6 or not.

ive researched the shit out of this subject, on here and on honda tech. i cant find anything about it. ive read that the d15b bottom is the same as the VX. but ive also read that the crankshaft is unique, so im not sure.

im sure someone on here has done a vitara buildup and had to replace bearings. could someone let me know it would be greatly appreciated. i want to but this kit fri.

THANX!

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Well, I would show you but I sold my old D15B. Thats what I used when I rebuilt it. Thats whats unique about that engine. Big rod ends, small crank journals. also the keyway on the cam and the pulley is unique.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
alright man, i guess thats how im going to roll.

thanx again bizzar!

edit: 1 more thing. i should use z6 rods as well then? right.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
correct! z6 rods and d15b rods are identical. The pistons are NOT however just a heads up. You can fit Vitaras in the D15B and use a fatty cometic headgasket.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
cool man. z6 rods it is.

i researched the headgasket situation a little bit. i went to the cometic site and they dont list my engine, but i thought the z6 should work since the head is the same. they have a 75.5 mm bore gasket for z6. but they dont list gasket thicknesses.
i saw that they will make any thickness im just not sure where to start. do you happen to remember the thickness you went with? define fatty.

thanx!

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have no idea. im trying to figure that out. im borderline about to just buy a Z6 block and save myself the headach. im just scared to spend 700 dollars on internals and not have the right shit.

·
Registered
159 Posts
D15B:

Crank journals: D15B7 spec.
Rod Journals: D16Z6 spec.

The problem is; if u need oversized bearings you can't order them before you measure.***

1 - 13 of 13 Posts