Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought a JDM D15B engine and it needs a set of new (oversize) pistons. I know the 13010-PMS-A00 of a GX will fit, stay below the deck and raise the compression to 10.8:1 (zealautowerks). I need to buy a new set from Honda and want to keep the costs low. there are more D pistons that will fit like the P28/P2P/PM6 which are more affordable, but will stick above deck height (0.069 to 0.089 inch). My question, how bad is it that these stick above the deck, is it dangerous for my engine block or gasket?

Kind regards,
Ferdinand

·
Registered
same
1,882 Posts
No. But your head may not like it. You can get a stackable head gasket but this may negate what you are trying to do. N/A power is an expensive route for little gains.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. But your head may not like it. You can get a stackable head gasket but this may negate what you are trying to do. N/A power is an expensive route for little gains.
Thank you for awnsering my question. I just found out the the GX pistons are within reasonable price, so i will order a set.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Thank you for awnsering my question. I just found out the the GX pistons are within reasonable price, so i will order a set.
Where did you end up finding them?

How much?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Good luck on them even being in stock. Just because they are listed on every website, doesn't mean they are still available.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
HG is .027

Lowest P2H I ran is 0.020

You can Counterbore the head, or mill the pistons, dont stack the HG or itll blow out earlier

1 - 9 of 9 Posts