Registered
2003 Evo 8
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long time no see!

Hey everybody, finally got another rex.

It feels great to have one again.

ANYWAYS!
I've always been more of a lurker than posting anything, but I've been having trouble finding info about the motor that's been swapped into this thing.

The previous owner swapped a D15B non vtec into my CRX DX and used the stock ECU and Dual Point intake manifold.

One of the most important things I've found is that in japan, D15b is stamped on a whole bunch of d series.

Down to the point of this post,
I replaced my oil pan gasket and noticed that it had a stamp of PM6.
So that's got me confused. Could this be a 1.6 liter stamped with a D15B?

P.S. I'm posting this here to get pointed in the right direction to search, or to be corrected if I have false information.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,401 Posts
why not google what pm6 is?

super ninja edit since everybody quoted me. too damn tired, too damn lazy, *insert do a search* here

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
if it says d15b on the engine plate, its a 1.5 liter. NOT a 1.6 liter.

the JDM d15b nonvtec is generally the equivalent of a d15b2 or d15b7 with no emissions equipment, giving you roughly 105-115 at the crank in perfect health.

It could also be like the well known d15b vtec or economy d15z1 style block, where the rods are 137mm with shorter pistons.

Borrow a bore scope, and remove aplug and see what code is stamped on the pistons.

That will tell you a much better picture of what you have.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
The oil pan gasket means absolutely nothing. Checking the piston code will let you know for sure but if it has the thermoswitch on the back of the block its more than likely an obd0 block with pm3 pistons.

·
Registered
2003 Evo 8
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
why not google what pm6 is?

super ninja edit since everybody quoted me. too damn tired, too damn lazy, *insert do a search* here

Trust me, I have. Most pages say a D16A6, which they don't make in japan.

if it says d15b on the engine plate, its a 1.5 liter. NOT a 1.6 liter.

the JDM d15b nonvtec is generally the equivalent of a d15b2 or d15b7 with no emissions equipment, giving you roughly 105-115 at the crank in perfect health.

It could also be like the well known d15b vtec or economy d15z1 style block, where the rods are 137mm with shorter pistons.

Borrow a bore scope, and remove aplug and see what code is stamped on the pistons.

That will tell you a much better picture of what you have.
I will do that, Thanks you. :stuart:

The oil pan gasket means absolutely nothing. Checking the piston code will let you know for sure but if it has the thermoswitch on the back of the block its more than likely an obd0 block with pm3 pistons.
I saw it stamped PM6 when the oil pan was removed.
Not on the actual oil pan.
I'll be checking more out on it tomorrow and posting up on here what I find out.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I saw it stamped PM6 when the oil pan was removed.
Not on the actual oil pan.
I'll be checking more out on it tomorrow and posting up on here what I find out.
What is "it", where was it stamped?

D15b7 are stamped PM6

- Head codes: PM 9-6, PM9-8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts