Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is just, "will it fit?"
I have a d16a I'm rebuilding, (was burning oil and I found scored bearings and piston skirts) and I saw that Honda Motors Online is selling a d15b vtec lsd hydraulic clutch trans. I'm gonna make aTemplet to see if the bolt holes line up. Is there anything else I should take into consideration? Love to hear your feedback!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
all 88-05 Dseries engines/transmissions have the same bolt pattern.

Outside of some 1988 and partial 1989 stuff, you wont have any issue making it work.

Id agree with above, and look for an aftermarket solution if you want LSD goodness in your life.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
What would the benefits be of buying an after market lsd vs OEM?
it will take the 23423235555443646667688whp:yes:

my oem lsd has 6 years of daily driving at ~300 hp, no problems but honda oem lsds are rare and you will probably pay a lot for for it.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Did you post about this on Facebook?

It bolts up just fine but you'll need a conversion kit since it's hydro.

Better of putting an MFactory helical LSD into the A6 trans.

OEM viscous LSD's don't function as well as a helical, if they overheat they will either lockup or revert to an open diff function, they cann't be rebuilt or serviced, you cannot change the final drive ratio and if the final drive is damaged finding a replacement is nearly impossible.

If you want to talk about getting your trans built, or ordering a built trans without needing to send yours in, shoot me a PM on here, on Facebook (link in signature) or email ([email protected]).

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Also note some JDM LSD trans have the larger B splines at the diff. Some info is IFFY and confusing.

You are better off building on a current A6 cable trans rather than converting to hydro.

See Aquaifina for ideas and builds, MF Helical from street, MF plated @ 66% for 2018 SCCA National Championship.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Chris/Bone, can either of you comment on the differences between a quaife and the mfactory Helical diff?

Just curious since the quaife is like $300 more than the MFactory

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Quaife is billet with looser clearances, MFactory is forged with tighter clearances.

MFactory is stronger and will last longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts