Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some help, I seemed to stumble upon bookoos of money and ive been wanting to make tis engine worth my while. I have the complete D15B jdm motor out of my car and im going to start pulling it apart. I know already I want to go boost, and im looking at a decent sized turbo. FJ distributors sells internals kits for boosted motor such as the D16 but i was wondering what I can do for internals for the Jap D15b. Computer is gunna be a programable gotech, or the aem. Im looking to buy these parts so,metime here soon so if anyone could throw some direction at me thatd be awesome. Thanx for reading

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
fj makes custom rods for the jdm d15b to use with vitara pistons
they should be good to 400whp.

for the computer i would look into the hondata s300

make sure to use arp headstuds.

talk to greg at go-autoworks.com he can help you properly size a turbo for your goals, and can custom fabricate any and all piping you would need

those are a few quick pointers

search search search for anything else, its all been covered.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
is the head gunna need any specific torque number for the bolts? and how much horsepower can the stock crank take?
Yes. Some people torque it to OEM spec and beyond. I torqued mine to 62 ft.-lbs IIRC (I can't remember if that is OEM spec or not).

And you will never make enough power to break the stock crank.

·
11,892 Posts
and the arp headstuds, which ones will i be looking for specificly?
D16Z6

This stuff is covered. Try searching and come back if you can't find something. There are two sticky threads dedicated to the JDM D15b. One is in General Tech and the other one is in the Naturally Aspirated forum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx im going to for sure but i was looking for some quick help becuase i wanna order the stuff tomorrow first thing to get the project going, i will post a tthread covering the project, im hoping to at least have a 10 second car, one other question thou, how much boost will the stock sleaves hold before they give way, because i was looking for about 25-30 psi

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
if you have the money to spend you could sleeve for reliability, and be able to run 76mm vitaras boosted.

or you could look into posting the block www.theoldone.com for details

but I'm pretty sure you can make it work on stock sleeves with a good tune

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay thanx for the info so far, i got the info on the arp headstuds, and the block posts, i cant seem to get a hold of fj distributors what about a good set of motor mounts, where can i find a good quality brand

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
dude just search its really easy to find everything ur wanting or how about search here for build threads 300-400whp has been done alot or go search on honda tech they have some build threads also or google for a d16 build thread there are lots of hits

u want to build a motor and do all of this stuff to a car and yet u dont even have the slightest idea of what it is ur doing.. dont bother to make a build thread unless u start learning really fast cause its just gonna be another fail

not trying to be much of a dick but u have alot to learn such as its not how much psi a block will hold its how much hp and u cant come on here asking okay i want 90psi and 10 seconds because there are so many variables and build setups ..its all for u to decide and weigh the options its like asking us what kinda car u should get how the hell do we know what u like

·
Registered
00ex 02si
101 Posts
if you have the money to spend you could sleeve for reliability, and be able to run 76mm vitaras boosted.

or you could look into posting the block www.theoldone.com for details

but I'm pretty sure you can make it work on stock sleeves with a good tune
if i was going to be baller and get the block sleeved i think i would buy a set of forged pistons. just my opinion. if it matters. probably not lol.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
if i was going to be baller and get the block sleeved i think i would buy a set of forged pistons. just my opinion. if it matters. probably not lol.

your going to spend a lot of money getting custom made forged pistons for the jdm d15b

the compression height is different from d16 pistons, so off the shelf forged pistons will not work

·
11,892 Posts
Vitaras will work. you can run them with standard length d16 rods or fjt's custom length JDM d15b rods.

Power breaks shit not psi. IDk what the current record on stock sleeves is but it's up there.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Vitaras will work. you can run them with standard length d16 rods or fjt's custom length JDM d15b rods.

Power breaks shit not psi. IDk what the current record on stock sleeves is but it's up there.
Someone pulled a little over 500 but blew it up due to a boost spike and JFK78 has/had the fastest and most powerful vitara setup 486 running mid 10's

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanx for the ideas, n to the prick thanx for the advice but im alittle more intelligent then the average [email protected]$$, thanx thou really. n im just the person that buys wut i need, i dont build the motor, got a mechanic for that part :) i learn as i go, but im not trying to get one pass out of the car.

as for the car, what is a good place to find an aftermarket instrament panel?

gunna start breakin apart the stock motor tomorrow, execpt pix by the weekend, any other tips would be great

·
11,892 Posts
thanx for the ideas, n to the prick thanx for the advice but im alittle more intelligent then the average [email protected]$$, thanx thou really. n im just the person that buys wut i need, i dont build the motor, got a mechanic for that part :) i learn as i go, but im not trying to get one pass out of the car.

as for the car, what is a good place to find an aftermarket instrament panel?

gunna start breakin apart the stock motor tomorrow, execpt pix by the weekend, any other tips would be great
Exactly which "prick" were you referring to?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts