Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Del Sol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up D-series.org, got a bit of an issue.

So I have a D15B SOHC VTEC(JDM) and lately my idles been going stupid dumb. I know its not the IACV or the TPS both have been checked. But When the car first get cranks idles normally to rise to 1600-1700rpms then decrease to 1300 and go down as it warms up. But lately, from a cold crank sometimes itll shoot up to 2000-2200rpms then just all of a sudden drop to 1000.

Then while sitting in idle after driving, the idle will jump but not dramatically, jump 200-300rpms and sometimes even drop down to almost 500rpms and shut off. The day before the car died out 4 times, but never a CEL. Got home checked over things, spark plugs arent fouled out, one grounding wire has a little bit of corrosion, but then after taking all the spark plugs out and putting them back in and cranking it, it ran perfect. Did fine this morning and then this afternoon left work and it started acting out again.

Some people has said its possibly trash in the fuel filter, or its just because of being low on gas i got a 1/4 tank, or it could be distributor. Any help would be useful

THANK DSO

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
2,026 Posts
is the motor stock. what I/M are you using and what ecu? and has it always done it or has it started since you changed something?

maybe vacume leak. it could be your fuel filter but probably not you would notice that more at the high rpms and it wouldbe running lean. probably not the dizzy if it works fine in the higher rpms too and is not studdry when you drive it.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock motor, stock p08 head, suppose to be running a p08 ecu. Bought this off someone. First while of having it had no issues, the past 2-3 weeks its been acting up. Thought it could be something with fuel because at one point in time the car was kicking an bucking as if it was fuel cutting but then it hasnt done that but one little time. Now its been the idle and cutting off issue

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stock motor, stock p08 head, suppose to be running a p08 ecu. Bought this off someone. First while of having it had no issues, the past 2-3 weeks its been acting up. Thought it could be something with fuel because at one point in time the car was kicking an bucking as if it was fuel cutting but then it hasnt done that but one little time. Now its been the idle and cutting off issue
So if not that, then what is it running ??

·
Registered
94 Del Sol
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a p28 ecu. Checked for leaks in any lines and the line from the fuel pump to im had a leak so replaced the line. Then after replacing still was almost to empty and fired it up and its idled surged around a little. Hopped in went and got gas and havent had an issue with idle surging, its just sitting in idle it feels like it wants to cut off, vibrates heavily.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,814 Posts
its a p28 ecu. Checked for leaks in any lines and the line from the fuel pump to im had a leak so replaced the line. Then after replacing still was almost to empty and fired it up and its idled surged around a little. Hopped in went and got gas and havent had an issue with idle surging, its just sitting in idle it feels like it wants to cut off, vibrates heavily.
When it vibrates, is the idle low?

·
Registered
Civic
48 Posts
There is also another air valve that lets air pass on thr TB. It was a screw valve in that may have come unscrewed, that also was my problem too. It should be underneath the Butter fly valve with coolent lines running threw it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine had the same problem(d15)... I just readjusted my valves and it idles good now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.