Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the whole honda tuning thing :sweatdrop:. I have had my 97 EX Coupe for a little over a year now and love it. I am in the planning stages of a D15B(Single Stage) OBD 1 swap for my D16y8. I have done some reserch on the OBD2a to OBD1 conversions but just want a little clarification. I used the search function and only went about 4 pages back but didn't see anything pertaining to this specific swap. I plan on putting in a hondata P28 ECU ready for the S300 in the car. I know I will need the conversion harness for the OBD2 to OBD1 ECU. As far as the motor is concerned what will I need to do. I will have the complete setup out of the D16y8 to swap parts as well as the complete D15B engine. Will the D16y8 Manual tranny bolt up? Will the D16y8 dizzy and injectors swap over? Intake manifold? What will need to be rewired? I know about the dizzy adapter kit but would just like to go into this well informed. My plans are to put the FJ Vitara piston/rod combo in and have intake manifold, Turbo, Flywheel and Clutch installed on the engine before its dropped in. Any words of wisdom for this swap? Thanks guys I really appreciate the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.