Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i talked my buddy at work into a honda. now he's putting in a d15b and is trying to use the stock y7 auto ecu. he doesn't care about vtec for right now he just wants to drive the car. what do we do about the iacv. we are trying to use the d15b intake ans throttle body but the iacv on the d15b intake is a 2 wire and the y7 is a 3 wire. should we just swap the other throttle body from the y7 onto the d15b intake manifold? and if we do what do we do about the d15b iacv?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
FMIDRC Racer said:
ok i talked my buddy at work into a honda. now he's putting in a d15b and is trying to use the stock y7 auto ecu. he doesn't care about vtec for right now he just wants to drive the car. what do we do about the iacv. we are trying to use the d15b intake ans throttle body but the iacv on the d15b intake is a 2 wire and the y7 is a 3 wire. should we just swap the other throttle body from the y7 onto the d15b intake manifold? and if we do what do we do about the d15b iacv?
I don't think you can use a d15 IACV with y7 ECU. Just run the coolant lines to the y7 IACV and leave the d15b mounted with the iacv coolant line's and connector disconnected.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yep just switch the TB over and Use Y7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts