Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i swap over internal parts from other motors or is there a website were they sell internals on my jdm d15b, like the rods, aftermarket piston heads, cams, retainers, studs. anything would help.

·
Registered
2009 tacoma 4x4
220 Posts
internals for the head will be the same for the D16Z6. rods will also be the same, but pistons will be different...(hint-the d15b has a piston height of 27mm, compared to the 30mm of the d16z6)

·
Registered
79 Posts
rods are the weak link
spend the money while it's apart
fjdistributors.com
The website says those rods are not for N/A engines designed for boost and modifications may be needed to use them. Seems like a lot of work if not doing a big boost setup. I am in the process of putting the D15b in mine now, sticking N/A so I will leave it as it is.

·
Registered
2009 tacoma 4x4
220 Posts
if going force induction, and high boost id recommend aftermarket rods. but if your staying N/A, and you tune is good, theres a good chance you wont be able to break the stock rods. also, aftermarket rods require block modification.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i heard the d15b internals are near bullet proof and they can handle a lot thats if u have the 3stage d15b though i think i remember reading it some where ill look for the link but still not the same as aftermarket i bet and the cam on the d15b is suppposely the same as a gsr cams again i read this some where

·
Registered
2009 tacoma 4x4
220 Posts
i heard the d15b internals are near bullet proof and they can handle a lot thats if u have the 3stage d15b though i think i remember reading it some where ill look for the link but still not the same as aftermarket i bet and the cam on the d15b is suppposely the same as a gsr cams again i read this some where
a 3stage d15b is actually a gas sipper, so i doubt it has anything similar to do with a GSR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts