Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people i've been playing around with the Zealworks Calculator and i think im getting my head around it.

I think i've got the basic setup worked out with the differing internals of the d15b, Piston compression height 27.7mm (not sure if there domed or not yet?), rod length 137mm, etc

can someone check the print off from zealworks for me, i've put the link to the PDF here...

D15b Compression Calcs

im worried about the piston-deck height, -0.018? i want to be as close to 11.5:1 comp without changing out the pistons, possible?

im gonna send the head off to get milled when i take the intake off to hook up the itbs and i wanna get this right first time!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
your PDF shows using PM3 pistons, that won't work.

Stick with the 3 layer gasket.

Milling the head .080" would get you there, but that is a big cut and other issues arise from it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm...

i thought i read somewhere that with the calculator you used the PM3 piston option but changed the compression height to 27.7?

its been so damn hard trying to find out the internals spec for this engine, and yeah i don't want to mill the head .080 !!

Using the spec in that PDF (i changed a few things as i said in the first post) but with the standard head gasket and not milling the head i come out at 9.56:1 (or very close) and i think my stock CR is 9.6:1

to get to the CR in the PDF i switched gaskets to the 2 layer Y8 and added on the head milling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Transzex,

Im using a JDM D15B and just need to clarify somethings. I have a P&P Head + 2 Layer Gasket + Shaved Head + Stock Valves + Stock Pistons.

Tuning - Tuned I Chips (Crome Pro)

Planning on Going for a Stage 2 Cam + Skunk 2 Pro series IM.

Heard you should run alot of compression to run a cam. Whats your thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts