Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am trying to figure out what to do here.
I have a d15B swapped into my car that I bought, and when I first got it I didn't pay attention but the temp gauge was shooting way high. I took a highway trip and noticed it at that point. I took it really easy on the way back, and then found out that the thermostat was shot. So I replaced it all was good, but a few weeks later the headgasket went. I replaced it, and it went again on me. I am going to assume that the Head is warped and needs resurfacing or machining or whatever you wanna call it.

What do you think is my best option? Get it done at a machine shop? because just getting another head might be cheaper. D15 are cheap!

Thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just take it to a machine shop and have them resurface it so you know its done right instead of trying to find a good head. While your there you might as well get a PnP too :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok

I got a really good quote, $60 Canadian for the head plaining. I am going to do it, but I also want to get ARP head bolt or possibly head studs.
Which do you guys reccomend, and what ones? (The catalog on their site doesnt have the D15B in it)?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree your best bet is a machine shop. It should be fairly cheap to do if you can find a reputable shop with the right equipment. It should only take like 20 minutes to grind off a few thou off the head. Should be way less than 100 dollars. Good luck

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arrgg

Ok well I took the head it to the machine shop, where they told me it was just fine. It was not warped. WTF, its blowing headgaskets. Hmm I don't know what to do!? Any Ideas? I torqued to spec, following the proper patern shown in the book.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt have a proper straight edge, so I didnt check the bock, but thats goign to happen when I get home from work. I reused the headbolts (I realize they stretch) but I made sure I torqued them right, and I was carefull, I am probabbly going to get arp headstuds tonight if I can order them in time.

I don't know what brands the gaskets were, but there was the stock one (already in the motor) then I swapped two differnt ones. The one canadian tire had (out canadian #1 parts retailer / hardware store) but it seemed not too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts