Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out we still have the D15B vtec head that we tried to use for a mini me swap a while back. Anything special about it besides the cam? Thinking about keeping it for a rebuild if theres any reason its better than a Y8 or Z6.

·
Registered
1990 CRX DX
126 Posts
im pretty sure they are like the same head , maybe a diff cam, but only 2hp diff from z6 to y8 and i think it was from the intake manifold ,

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
HAHA ^^

The cam is definatly different. Maybe not the lobes, lift or duration but the keyway sure is!

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah the d15b head has a more aggressive cam AND better headflow and theres a 5 hp diff not 2. in a nut shell...

D15b-
z6 head with a better cam and minorly better flow
vx bottem end with flat top pistons and p28(z6 rods) not the vx imitation rods
and a unique d15 crankshaft to hold the p28 rods

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I have is the complete head. Just wondering if its worth keeping around or if i should just toss it in the trash. I took out the cam a while ago.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
if the head isnt warped its still good.. if ur looking to toss it u can ship it my way:TU:

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
If you're going to junk the head and it's still good send it my way. I'll pay shipping.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pff, I dont let shit go for free lol. We will see what happens in the next week, was supposed to pick up a DA9 but the asshole selling it was being a shady fuck and decided that his wife had the keys and pinkslip. Thanks a lot asshole, I just drove 540 miles and spent 10 hours in a fuckin Jetta all day yesterday :TD: Haha sorry for the mini-rant, were looking to buy either a DA9 or a CRX, so if we get the CRX then Ill be keeping it for a build...

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
yeah the d15b head has a more aggressive cam
prove it, i still have not found one good reason to agree with that assumption:beer:
yea prove it.. i bet the stock cam in my car that came out of a 93 si hatchback is bigger then my friends d15b cam.. oh shit.. that just came to me..

someone tell me how to mic cams and ill take my friends d15b cam and spec it and ill take my 93si hatch cam and mic it and i will post the specs up:shocked:

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea prove it.. i bet the stock cam in my car that came out of a 93 si hatchback is bigger then my friends d15b cam.. oh shit.. that just came to me..

someone tell me how to mic cams and ill take my friends d15b cam and spec it and ill take my 93si hatch cam and mic it and i will post the specs up:shocked:
alright post up the specs...did you ever wonder why the d15b had like 5 more horse than the z6? go read any write up about d15b's it has a minorly more aggressive cam which gives it better flow (id assume) sorry for the misunderstanding, but yeah post the specs cause i wanna see how much diff they are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
http://asia.vtec.net/article/d15b/

"Don't let the SOHC configuration fool you, the tach red-lines at very high 7200rpm and the effect of the wild-cam is obvious when VTEC cuts in. While the pull is not as maniacal as the B16A, the increased urge of the engine can still be clearly felt."

they call it a "wild cam" but i mean its almost the same but not quite. im just saying its not the same.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i couldnt feel vtec for crap in my friends car with a d15b... he even said himself.. im taking this piece of crap out and putting another 1.6 in it... hahah no tq

1 - 20 of 43 Posts