Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
there is a party in my pants and Lindsay Lohan is
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I *might* have a lead on getting new OEM Honda of Japan parts so I can get my oversize d15b pistons, but which ones do I look for? Are all sohc performance (not econo) vtec d15b pistons the same? I know in '95 they went to the 3-stage vtec, but did the pistons change?

I do know I need the 27mm compression height ones but I figured all vtec d15b's are that spec...(??)

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
i believe you are looking for p08 pistons...dont quote me though, id wait for someone with 1st hand experience to chime in before i bought anything

C

·
0 Posts
p08 are the pistons that came on the jdm d15b vtec...

i was also trying to figure this out too, on what pistons would work with the d15b, but i think you're out of luck

·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just been wondering cause supposedly there are different variations of d15b's just like there are a bunch of different zc's...?
I figured P08 would be the code for some of the d15b's (like the popular '92-95ish version that everybody likes to swap in), but all of them? Like even the newer 3-stage vtec joint?

S

·
0 Posts
The D17 pistons all have 27mm compression heights, maybe one of them would make a nice choice.

S

·
0 Posts
stmotorsports said:
NADA- thats what we're trying to replace ;-)
Not sure what you mean here? D17 pistons are not the same as the D15's are they?

Otherwise just use the P29's and mill em to whatever compression you want.

S

·
0 Posts
stmotorsports said:
d15/17 bore: 75mm
vtec d15 piston compression height: 27.75mm
d17 piston compression height: 27mm
And your point is??

Most other D series piston have a 29mm or more compression height putting the piston .03" (or more) out of the hole (with 137mm rods). A domed 27mm will up the compression, now see if any of the D17's have domed pistons, if they do you've got more compression.

·
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have sources for aftermarket pistons, but I'm doing a super budget buildup here so no time for $400+ piston sets. For what I'm trying to do, spending that much on just pistons alone would be completely senseless, especially when I could get the exact same thing accomplished for $100's less.

One other thing I know for sure is that none of the D17 pistons will work.

Just need to know differences if any between d15b generations .
Anyone?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Any chance on getting a D13 piston for experimentation? IIRC the code is PO3

1 - 20 of 39 Posts