Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just put a d15b into my 94 civic DX. On the d15b intake manifold there is a egr valve. It wants a plug and it has a vacuum line coming off it. As the d15b did not have a purge solenoid valve I reused the one already on my DX harness, top end going to charcoal canister and the bottom that would have normally went into the side of the DX manifold, to the egr valve. So the question is: is hooking it up this way the proper way? Is it even necessary and if not what should I do? It wants a plug with 3 wires and theres not a spot on my DX harness for it, so if I use it where do I get the plug for it and what do I splice into? Thanks for any help. The power of D is great within this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out I got a vtec-e when the valve cover says vtec. The engine yard is going to let me swap it but its already installed, doh. If your getting a D15b make sure its not a vtec-e unless thats what you want. Just cause its says vtec it might not be and an egr valve on the intake manifold is a bad sign, the valve covers are apparently the same size and shape. Peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts