Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just have a quick question about finding a D15B crank. I'm planning a turbo build on my D15B7 and don't really feel like shelling out the $800 or so it costs for the Crower rods. I've recently learned that with a JDM D15B I'll be able to use D16 rods in my engine. The trouble is, I cant seem to find one of these cranks ANYWHERE. If any of you know where to get one and could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Your best bet would be to buy a used short block with a good crank.

Reactions: 79hilux90crx

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Jaredkaregan (sp?) has one fs. I believe he's in California.

I've seen a few others around. You have to look real hard and sometimes have people keep their ears to the street.

Make sure it's cost effective to go that route before buying one. Im in the middle of.my build and sometimes I wish I had saved for the crowers with some forged pistons. But maybe I will do that on my next block. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
4dr eg
273 Posts
ok but why? you will have to shave the piston tops down as they will stick a lil out the bore. I forget how much, as I did it just to stay b7. they have rods for your block. I have not had the chance to try them out but a few on here are using them. look in ebay for the d15 rods cx brand.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
The issue is in regards to the smaller rod journals. There are doubts that the b7 crank will hold power without twisting.

Its a similar concept to ls rods in a d16. But using 137mm rods, you will have sweet rod/stroke ratio. 1.62, I believe. He could always use d17 pistons to keep the piston tops level with the head.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ugh sorry it took me so long to reply. My original account has been locked out by a technical error and i haven't heard a response from the d series mods in almost 2 weeks so I just made a new one. Anyways, beyond the point. I managed to find a crank with a fresh balance and micropolish and its in the mail as we speak. Now, in regard to pistons. I've chosen to run dished vitaras. I've looked over these and many other forums for answers in regards to how much, if any, I'll need to get milled off of the top. I've seen anywhere from 0.018 to make it flush to not needing any milling. If any of you guys who have experience with going this route could fill me in based on first hand experience I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts