Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, i've finally got my d15b yesterday. I'm trying to change the timing belt ,the water pump and tensioner and now i'm facing a big problem. I can't get the crank pulley off. I really need help. I only have 3 days for that swap since it's my dd. How can i get this :cussing: stupid :cussing: bolt off? Thanks. It has an auto torque convertor and sitting in the floor. I've already broke 2 wrenchs. I was so upset :mad: :cussing: :cussing: :mad: that i was almost ready to just cut my belt cover and be done with. This engine needs to get in my sol before sunday afternoon otherwise i'm toasted.
Why do we need to remove the pulley to be able to remove the belt cover and then change your belt:sadface: :sadface:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is an inpact an air tool or an electric tool. If it's an air toll i'll need to get the air compressor , but wich minimun power? Is 1 hp enough? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You could probebly do it with a quality electric like a DeWalt or Milwaulkee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man:TU: , i'm heading to home depot to get one. It feels good to have a hope. Thanks again. :p

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
i just jammed a hugh screw driver into the holes on the crank pulley. locked it against the block and came right off, no damage to the block:beer:

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The best way to do it is to make a tool to lock the flywheel. Pic of said tool I made follows:

I applogize for the fuzziness of the second pic, but it is the best one I have close of up the simple tool. It is made from 1"x1" angle iron that is easily aquired at any hardware store and a common hand hack saw. It is best to make sure it is at least 1/8" thick, though. Thinner material may be used, but may flex or bend, which will defeat the purpose of imobilizing the flywheel and possibly being dangerous if it slips.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts