Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im runnin a p28 with my d15b and i havent wired up my vtec yet. can someone give me a link or give me a walkthrough of how to fix these two codes and get my Vtec engaging? thanks a lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need to know the whole process of wiring up the vtec in my dx and i saw you on another thread like this so i know you can help me :) to get rid of the 21/22 codes and get Vtec werking.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have OBD1 already, its a 94 DX. i thought you just had to run the two wires to the ecu and put them in the pins and then a ground or something?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok cool, can u post that tonite? and where can i get those little connectors that will let me plug the vtec wires into the sub harness and ecu plugs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i just get some wire, run the two vtec wires from the sub harness to the ecu plugs? do i just stick the wires in the plug or how does that werk?

btw thanks for those two links they solved like 80% of my problem.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
you can, but you can also make a pin. If you have a harness laying around, Or some connectors, you can attach the wire's to a metal Pin, and make it look decent, and maybe hold better.

But you can just push the wire into the hole where it needs to go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh and is there a ground from the d15b Vtec solenoid?

ok i have an extra si harness so do i just take out a couple pins from one of the plugs?

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Yea, their is a ground. you can connect it to the body, or engine.

You can take the pins out. If I had some things laying around Id be happy to show you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how do i put the wire into the sub-harness part rather than the ecu plug because im lookin at my other harness here and the shock tower plug has like little rubber things holding em in not little metal things like the ecu plugs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
alright ill go with what i know now and ill try wiring tomorrow! if you find anything elses tonight post it up and ill check on here be4 i start to wire

thanks man

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
alright ill go with what i know now and ill try wiring tomorrow! if you find anything elses tonight post it up and ill check on here be4 i start to wire

thanks man

No problem. Ill do a write up tomorrow about using an existing plug from a harness, to put in the ecu.

I love to wire shit up :TU:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts