Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there people and welcome to my new build up thread for my D15b, as most of you will most likely remember i completed my first engine build on a Honda engine last November of succsessfully completing a mini-me conversion in my OBD-0 UKDM Eg4 hatch. If you want to see that build please check out the link -

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46820&highlight=mini-me+d15b2

Anyway, after doing that i look back and think there was always something better i could have done at each stage. I have aquired myself a JDM D15b including engine, inlet, Exhaust Manifold (which i chucked straight away) and an S20 gearbox although i think it Non-LSD.

The first pics show when i got back from London from collecting and cracking it open to see what we find. First thoughts are really good as the engine was very clean inside compared to the block i had last time from the scrappy.

All the same enough talking and time for some pics. I will include regular updates when i get chance and also talk through what i'm doing at each change, thankyou for reading and hope you check back for more updates over the next few months

First just a few pics of how it sat on the journey home and the great fun we had removing it from the car!! lol

So handy having an engine crane!!

Camcover removed for closer inspection and to get access to the headbolts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Soon as the head was removed i could immediately see the differences between my old D15b2 unit and the new P08 pistons, will show more of that later though

Quick one of the clutch just for luck as i simply liked the colour!! :p

Thanks for reading so far and hope you check back for more updates shortly

Chris ;)

·
Registered
My Crix
1,169 Posts
Good luck with that. I am working on an EF9 D16A6 build myself.
been thru this one before. contact me if you have ane problems. i went through absolutely every bolt on my ef9.

and good luck on the the build up, ill be sure to keep track of this one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been thru this one before. contact me if you have ane problems. i went through absolutely every bolt on my ef9.

and good luck on the the build up, ill be sure to keep track of this one.
Thanks mate, once i'm sorted on piston choice all should be underway. Want to try and get it plastigauged this week so i can send it all off for alkaline dipping as well..

Chris ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts