Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a d15b engine on my 95 excoupe, i had a d16z6 but ran witout oil and the pistons got smessed up. My questions is, Can i put the D16z6 head on the D15b block without any problems? Will i get some HP gains? What are the pros and cons?

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
d15b JDM vtec motor if so then the z6 head is almost the same as the 1.5 head there wont be much of a diff if any at all

·
Registered
35 Posts
im doing a jdm d15b non vtec with a z6 head and there are no timing issues u just need a new timing belt for a d16a6 motor thats it and if you got just the stock d15b then it will give u good horse with the z6 head on it its a good mini me swap to do then turbo later get at me if you got anymore questions ill do my best to answer for yeah

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok heres the deal if u want to do the swap and you dont have vtec then do this run the z6 head then run a pm6 ecu it will run good thats my seyup but im doing dpfi to mpfi but run that setup it will be nice then turbo it.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
364 Posts
this is a pic of my mini me

b7 block
b7 h2o pump
b7 tensioner
z6/b7 head studs
z6 head
z6 timing belt
pm3b timing gear.
ran well but the bump in compression killed the already high mileage rings, and the motor smoked. as far as boost i wouldn't boost a mini me, because the z6 head bumps the compression up too high. it could be done but the amount of money and time invested doesn't make the end result worth it imo.

this site really helps put things in perspective.
Honda D-Series Compression Calculator by ZealAutowerks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I juste got my d15b vtec i only see one selenoid and for my head its p08-2 is it the original head or z6 one if its z6 that make mini me ???? Whats the diference and im asking myself why there no cover on my timing can someone help me please !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.