Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my JDM motor supplier yesterday for a JDB D15B vtec and they have approx. 10 of them. ONly 1 is a manual transmission motor, the rest are automatics. My question is whether or not there are differences between the two motors as far as camshaft profile, compression ratio, etc. The motor attached the the 5-spd. looks a bit rough and has a broken TPS, there are a couple of auto motors that look brand new. I've heard with B16 that they can be different, Is there a difference in the D's?

Thanks

D.

·
Registered
166 Posts
On the B16, the auto and manual has diff. horsepower and torque output. But on the D15B, auto and manual has same output, so I think the internal are the same.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
i would buy one from an auto because it probaby has not been "beat on" and abused like the ones from a stick car would.
joe

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No difference. i mated up a Auto D15B, just need a Manual ECU and Tranny of course.
I thimk there is a line into the IM that you have to add??
i will try to find a pic if you need it??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the reply I needed, thanks guys. I will pick up an auto motor instead. I agree about the chances that it has not been beat on, the auto motors just "look" cleaner too, which is probably indicative of the condition of the internals. The pic would be great of the line I need to add. I will be using a P28 manual trans. ECU. I plan on "chipping" the ECU, would the P08 maps be the ones to burn? Do the D15bs use the same flywheel as the Z6?

Thanks

D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts