Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can anyone tell me what the valve is on the far right with line going to egr and intake manifold . Engine is running great but if I just hook line to egr valve will not run but runs perfect with lines blocked . Running P2J-003 ecu if that matters .

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
red google translate says
"exhaust recirculation solenoid control valve"

green
"control solenoid valves cleaned evaporating emsi"
(English says evap)

f58d64bf-6be7-456f-843b-7fc196d1c799-png.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
red google translate says
"exhaust recirculation solenoid control valve"

green
"control solenoid valves cleaned evaporating emsi"
(English says evap)

View attachment 136443
Thanks for fast reply , now if I can find that part or something that will work in its place . I don’t think I’m going into lean burn mode but haven’t checked mpg yet .

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
67 Posts
Pfft wut. That's the closest Honda dealer to my dad's house... Bought parts there a few times. You work there? I feel like I've asked that before. o_O

Here's a parts importer page with the part you're after: 36190-P2J-003
I've bought stuff from them before - they're Japanese, so try to be halfway polite. ^_^

FYI, it's not your typical on/off solenoid valve like you use for the evap canister. It's more like the IACV, in that the ECU rapidly pulses it to send different levels of vacuum to the EGR valve. If you've ever heard a humming noise coming from your intake while the engine's idling, you're (probably) hearing that pulsing in action. Different amounts of vacuum make the EGR valve open just the right amount for conditions, and the ECU keeps an eye on that using the TPS-looking thing on top (EGR lift sensor).
Giving the EGR valve full vacuum makes it open all the way, which sucks a bunch of exhaust back through the intake. At anything but highway speeds, that's going to make your engine run rough and/or stall.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
no lol Im just sorta special and tried to get him in touch with the "closest" dealer lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pfft wut. That's the closest Honda dealer to my dad's house... Bought parts there a few times. You work there? I feel like I've asked that before. o_O

Here's a parts importer page with the part you're after: 36190-P2J-003
I've bought stuff from them before - they're Japanese, so try to be halfway polite. ^_^

FYI, it's not your typical on/off solenoid valve like you use for the evap canister. It's more like the IACV, in that the ECU rapidly pulses it to send different levels of vacuum to the EGR valve. If you've ever heard a humming noise coming from your intake while the engine's idling, you're (probably) hearing that pulsing in action. Different amounts of vacuum make the EGR valve open just the right amount for conditions, and the ECU keeps an eye on that using the TPS-looking thing on top (EGR lift sensor).
Giving the EGR valve full vacuum makes it open all the way, which sucks a bunch of exhaust back through the intake. At anything but highway speeds, that's going to make your engine run rough and/or stall.
Thanks for info .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts