Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the planning stages for an Insight swap and I need OBD2 to work, That basically means Kpro as the car is an 01. K series seems to be the way I should go (plug in, bolt in) OR I can go D17 from the 01-05 civic this falls under the Kpro as well. I keep seeing this new school D15B pop up and if it is in fact a bolt in replacement for the D17, id rather have the smaller motor but when I google it I don't find much about it, Wiki isn't much help either. I want to know if it is the shorter stroke like USDM version or D16 rod JDM version. Is this engine going to be buildable or a total custom affair? If a Kpro can run it, could it run any D? Im also wondering if it has another name and what it comes out of.

I cant post a link since Im new but it is on eBay and its advertised as 2005 D15B, D17 replacement, I see them on the imported ads on craiglist all the time too

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
d17a2 is Vtec and d17a1 is non vtec. The D15B with coil over plug like this one HERE is for 01-05 civic but not from USDM market.

K-pro should be able to run any 01-05 d-series motor.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any more info on this engine? I have yet to see anything as far as bore/stroke, hp, what exact car they came in etc. Im not super experienced in D series but from what I understand the JDM D15 id a longer rod than USDM D15s

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Well there is not a whole lot of info on the 7th gen d15b motor. I am sure other than having a short block/stroke it uses alot of the d17 parts.

The d15z1 used a longer rod and it was a USDM motor. Journal size is another story though...

·
Registered
Civic 2005
0 Posts
bro have this d15b 7th gen vtec and wanted to know about it as i am new these engines. will you suggest or provide help about the best ecu matching this engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts