Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just brainstorming.

d15b1 block/crank/pistons (super stealth)
b1 head with bisi cam
p29's
2 layer y8 hg
.040 off of head
11.01 : 1 C/R

with a ex/si tranny i think I might hit mid 14's on street tires in an 89 std with full interior.

Did I work the Compression calculator right? It didn't have options for b1/b2, but b7 is the same, right?

This is purely hypothetical. I know I would have an easier time just putting in an A6, but the d15 with the 8v vc would be stealth...
I thought about using mista bones' set-up with the vx rods and what-not, but that build scares me a little.

Any ideas/suggestions? Am I an idiot?

As I said, this is paper only right now. Just trying to see what I could do.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Ok just brainstorming.

d15b1 block/crank/pistons (super stealth)
b1 head with bisi cam
p29's
2 layer y8 hg
.040 off of head
11.01 : 1 C/R

with a ex/si tranny i think I might hit mid 14's on street tires in an 89 std with full interior.

Did I work the Compression calculator right? It didn't have options for b1/b2, but b7 is the same, right?

This is purely hypothetical. I know I would have an easier time just putting in an A6, but the d15 with the 8v vc would be stealth...
I thought about using mista bones' set-up with the vx rods and what-not, but that build scares me a little.

Any ideas/suggestions? Am I an idiot?

As I said, this is paper only right now. Just trying to see what I could do.
Just look at my profile and that should answer your question.... Mind you that in my sig, I broke an axle....

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is basically what I want to do over winter to my spare motor...

Sorry...I'm 100% new to engine building.... ".040 off of head" What is that exactly?

Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It means skimming 0.40inches or 1mm off the cylinder head facing that meets the block.Brings the valves closer to the pistons though.
Increases compression ratio.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks.

So you'd be keeping almost everything internally stock except the Pistons?

The P29's you can just install and not have to worry about anything hitting right? Even with the shave?

·
Registered
249 Posts
So you'd be keeping almost everything internally stock except the Pistons?

The P29's you can just install and not have to worry about anything hitting right? Even with the shave?
I hope so cause SOHCinWA said you can lol. I got my pistons last week. Kind of scared but he said its cool so I am going to take a leap of faith on this one!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
make you own thread, noob!

and sohcinWA:

oh yeah...I forgot you have the same set-up carbed...hehe

Thanks though

oh and did i work the compression calc right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make my own thread?

I forgot...this was a real creative thread you started. Its a "wonder" its never been done before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts