Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i bought a motor and trans from jdm tiger and they sent me the wrong motor, however I didn't figure it out due to lack of expierence untill today. I want to know if I can swap the z6 head on to the d15 block so I can get rid of vtec-e and have regular vtec. The vtec-e motor is lame and has low power. I'm turboing the motor also so I want a motor that I am more familiar with wilst tuning the the car. Or what wiring harness and ecu do I need to run the motor as is. I have a p28, and a d16z6 harness. I need some help figuring out the problem. JDMtiger is not going to fix their mistake because too much time has elapsed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
read my sig line. as far as the harness you will have to wait for someone more knowledgeable than me.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
The Z6 harness is prefect! Has far as the compression ratio of the D15Z1 with a Z6 head, O don't know and would actually like to know that myself!

·
Registered
347 Posts
the cr is REALLY low, that's good for boost as we all know, but the rods are the weak point. the guy I bought my car from ran it without turbo and had the timing really advanced. He claimed that it ran better than he thought it would N/A but just because he said it doesn't mean its tru.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts