Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday I had a turbo kit offered to me for $215. Who could let the chance pass so i picked it up and this is what it included:

blitz bov
spearco intercooler
vortec fmu
walbro fuel pump
turbonetics wastegate
turbonetics t3/t4
revhard exhaust mani
down pipe
all piping clamps ect.
oil lines

Im currently running a d15b7 in a eg. I was wondering what your thoughts are on boosting this engine 4-5-6psi with the fmu and retarding the timing a little bit? I have a d16z6 that im currently building but it will not be done tell next summer at least with the money im making now. Thanks for your help

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
You got all that stuff for $215? How's the turbo? Any shaft play? You could run just 5psi but that wont be much fun especially with that big turbo.

Personally, I'd get a chipped ECU, some bigger injectors for fuel management. You are going to need that stuff sooner or later because you already have a built motor in the works.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo= No shaft play. used for like 2 weeks. I know the guy that put this kit together and nothing in it is stollen so I pretty much got a great deal. Im just tight on cash and want to feel boost! Im tradeing/selling the turbo to a buddy of mine for a smaller garret that he had on his SVO. also i plan to run neptune on my future motor I just want to know if a fmu would hold me by tell then. Thanks for all your guys help

·
Registered
264 Posts
well 5-6 psi would be fine to run just get a chip burned from phearable.net or something and then you wouldnt have to run check valves or even the fmu. You sohuld be fine to run stock injectors at those boost levels. And for not being fun 50-60 horse more is fun but eventually youll want more

·
Registered
131 Posts
mikeD16Z6 said:
You got all that stuff for $215? How's the turbo? Any shaft play? You could run just 5psi but that wont be much fun especially with that big turbo.

Personally, I'd get a chipped ECU, some bigger injectors for fuel management. You are going to need that stuff sooner or later because you already have a built motor in the works.

·
Registered
314 Posts
thats a ridiculous steal. all name brand parts for the price i paid for just my intercooler. id say ditch the FMU and get some real fuel management. EMS, especially the less expensive ones like crome or uberdata, is the best upgrade you can do for your car for the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yo

i turbod my d15b7 and had it on like 8 lbs and it ran good and strong......... i had a chipped ecu and it was tuned and i had my stock injectors runing at 93%.... it was good and reliable till i bleww it up when i cranked it up to 11 lbs to race a modified silverado SS.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have timing question.... when running an fmu i just retard the timing with the dizzy right? correct me if im wrong im new at boost. I was thinking just retarding it 6*- at the dizzy so when i hit boost it will cut the chances of Detonation in half. Thanks

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
chasetheskate said:
I have timing question.... when running an fmu i just retard the timing with the dizzy right? correct me if im wrong im new at boost. I was thinking just retarding it 6*- at the dizzy so when i hit boost it will cut the chances of Detonation in half. Thanks
thats too much. It will run like poop out of boost.
I think MSD makes an igniton system that will pull a certain amount of timing per PSI

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikeD16Z6 said:
thats too much. It will run like poop out of boost.
I think MSD makes an igniton system that will pull a certain amount of timing per PSI
Whats the best way to do this cheap?? just not retard it and hope for the best or what??

·
Registered
331 Posts
i wouldnt do more then 8-10psi no problems but the weak part of the motor is the rods i had my d15 on 12psi for over a year ran great till the waste gate broke and hit 17psi and broke 2 rods and bent a 3rd , i used 310 injectors stock ecu and a Cartech fmu, made 265whp at 12psi on the stock d15 best time was 12.87 @ 115mph in a stripped crx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts