Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking to get a few questions answered. im gona boost my d15 but i dont wanna do nothing too crazy, just add a little punch. i only wanna go between 5-7 lbs of boost until i get some more funds to build the motor a little. just curious as to what turbo is out there that spools quick and will give me the amount of boost im looking for. also where im only gonna be doing 5-7 lbs of boost what kinda management should i be looking at. will my stock injectors be fine because im only looking for 150-ish, maybe a touch more, to the wheels. ive been looking at the homemade turbo site and im gonna use it for reference but i just wanted to get some opinions on what kinda turbo, and management i need.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yea you can do a custom kit, but I always tell people, if you don';t have expirnece with fI syustems, then you migth try a prefab kit liek a greddy, eiback ro something else to get some feel for them, before you try a custom jobber. and then if you go custom, only ge a used turbo from a guy you know personally, or get it new. junkyard turbos never seem to last much longer than 6months and then blow the seals. so ya might consider than part. the D15 head will accept the D16 exhaust manifold for turboing incase you were wondering. remember that the D15 has weak rods and crank, so do;t go mcuh higher than 7psi some have goen to 10 but IMO that's pushing it too much for me to feel safe with it. good lcuk what ever ya decide.

oh, a t25 turbo will work fine, so will the greddy kit witht he td04h turbo (15G) You can get a fmu and adjsutable fpr and as logn as your only at 7psi (yes you will need a fmic for 7psi) you can run that w/o any otehr management. set your fuel to like 44psi and get a 8:1 fmu. should be fine then for a while on stock injectors.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about only running only 5 lbs and so? should i still run the 8:1 and 44 psi? i have a cx manifold im gonna use so thats already out of the way. also do i put the o2 where it is on that mani, or should i relocate on the downpipe?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can probably find an IHI, T25, or 14B for fairly cheap and any of those turbos would work for you. The IHI is the smallest and would spool quicker than the other two, then the T25, then the 14B (I personally like a bigger turbo that has better top end so I don't mind a little lag). I would just put the o2 sensor on the downpipe (that's where mine is).

I would never skimp on fuel management no matter what setup your going for. The FMU and stock injectors will work for you, but I wouldn't want to boost much (maybe 5 psi or so, but that's me) and I think of it as temporary fuel management. You can run the afc hack and get larger injectors which would be safer and alow you to run more boost, but it's more expensive. You could chip your ECU and run larger injectors which would be the best and cheapest option, but it requires a lot more research so only go that route if you feel comfortable with it (do research on it anyways because it's fun! :D ).

If you going to go with the FMU then search around and see what other people with FMU setups are running. I believe most people run 12:1 or 10:1 FMU's with stock injectors though (better to be rich than lean). There's no way you can tune the FMU either. If you run an 8:1 FMU at 5 psi and add that to the stock fuel pressure (42psi) it would come out to 82 psi total fuel pressure, with a 10:1 FMU it would be 92 psi, 12:1 it would be 102 psi.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would 10:1 be a good nuetral way to go. i think im just gonna run 5lbs for time being. i dont really want to build a hardcore motor, just something a little fun and reliable and sneak up on a few people. what kinda wastegate should i lean towards.. the only thing i dont understand is how to set the boost when i initially start up. i dont wanna start it and rev it one time and boost up to 11 lbs.. sorry im such a noob but i guess ill never learn unless i ask. thanks for the patience.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1992 Civic CX:
Hondata S200 Stage2 With Boost Option
Spearco (25x7x3) Intercooler
2.5" Intercooler Piping (Mandrel Bent)
Ported And Clipped T25
Steel Braided Lines
Ew4 Pistons
LS Rods
Ported and Polished Z6 Manifold

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. yeah i was oooo-ing over your set up.. i saw it and was like oh snap... ive been looking at my motor and trying to picture a turbo set up on it and i saw onefastegs and like i said..... clean clean clean... i have a dsm side mount. iwant a little stealth :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pitchblacktyper said:
lol. yeah i was oooo-ing over your set up.. i saw it and was like oh snap... ive been looking at my motor and trying to picture a turbo set up on it and i saw onefastegs and like i said..... clean clean clean... i have a dsm side mount. iwant a little stealth :)

Yea, actually. If you wanna snag up a front mount that is similar to mine. Look into Johnny race car intercoolers. Look for the same dimensions of mine. I spent quite a few bux on my intercooler. But if you want to be stealth i will take some pictures after I "Screen" my I/C. What you do is cut Screen Door Mesh shit. (You know the stuff on Screen doors...SCREEN.. lol) And you spray adhesive it to the intercooler, or any means of holding it to the front of the intercooler. It makes your intercooler "Stealthy/Black". And it keeps you from painting it which retains heat.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet. i wanna see pics when its done.. thanks for the info guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts