1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there. im new to the honda world and have a few ?s
i have a 91 civicHB with a 1.5 d15 in it. a friend just gave me his
90 civic HB si motor and ecu out of it since he did his b16 swap in it
im want to swap out my d15 for the d16. what all do i need.
i need a wiring harness right? and i whould need it from the ecu to the motor all so right? im jsut makeing sure here as i said im new to this. all so where can i get the wiring harnes from? thanks
Eddie

·
Registered
934 Posts
get the si wire harness from a junkyard or ebay. you'll also need to convert to PGM-FI. do a search on how to. good luck :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. the D16 has everything on it all ready inculding the PGM-FI system
that is the fuel injection set up right? if so thats why im looking for a complet wiring harness from in side the car where the computer is threw fire wall and all of enigin bay.
Eddie

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Its a good just in case kinda thing....
Plastic fades...colors on wires fade..
And It does help if you have never installed it before.(pgmFI)
Everything in your car is linked to that computer inside your car.
Its not a good idea to have spare wires hanging around.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u will also need a injector resistor box from a si. since the dx is dual point(two injectors instead of four) it didn't come with one. u should beable to use everything else axles, shift linkage, radiator,etc.. i am going to be doing this in a 90 civic dx hatch that i'm picking up tomorrow. i already have everything from my 88 crx hf that i swapped in a d16a6 last year. good luck with your swap it makes a big difference in performance compared to a dx motor. what is your plans after you swap in the si motor? n/a or forced induction? any problems let me know i'll be happy to help...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just do a search for dpfi to mpfi search. You won't need a harness just the injector plug ins and the resistor box. Also, you might need steering knuckles if you have a STD. Not sure if they were even made that year. If you do have to upgrade get 90-91 4dr EX ones. They have the larger brakes. Make sure you get the fuel line from filter to injector rail. Also, I had to change out the throttle cable. It was pretty easy. Make sure you solder the wires. I tried butt connecters and had problems. Guess I learned to do it right the first time. Also, you may have to swap the 2 white wires at the dizzy if it doesn't start. What ECU you using? If you have any questions just ask.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ryan89crx why whouldnt the axles i have now work with the si tranny? my car is a 91 hatch and and im getting a D16 motor and tranny from a 90 SI hatch.
doing the swap cause the motor was free. like i said im new to a honda and all the help i can get is more than welcome.

Wleach11
i found the wireing direction for the dpfi to mpfi swap on swap shop.com
this is for the stock computer right? with the motor im getting im allso getting the 90 SI hatch ecu with the motor. i wana say it is a p26 or something like that. do i need to use this one or can i use my ecu that is in it now?
and what you mean by STD? and the sterring knuckles?

ProjectH213
i will be getting a injector resistor box from a guy on here that was selling one so ill have that. and as for NA or Forced indution not sure. got anouther friend that has a turbo and manifold intercooler that he said he whuold sell me for 150 bucks, and help me build a junk yard turbo as he put it.
the last one he built for a guy has ran a 12.7 in the 1/4mile not sure how much boost he is makeing. i told him i whould only want like 5 pounds od boost. as i dont wana go in to the motor right now.
this is jsut a project i picked up and desided to do to have fun and make it a little faster.

if i feel the need for speed i have my 98 camaro Z28 for that that runs mid 11's N/A with 400+hp at wheels.

so i guess im asking if yall can help is a list of everything i will need for this swap. i have a 90SI motor and tranny and ecu now what else do i need thanks
Eddie

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
ok, through partsamerica, there are 2 different part numbers listed for axles. apparently the dx and si are the same, but the hf uses a totally different part number. the only reason i can think of is because of the outer joint has a different nomber of splines on a hf than the dx and si. so im guessing that the dx axles will work in the si.
turboprelude95 said:
are you sure about that, because i was able to use 91 hf axles on my 90 si trensmission in my setup.
im guessing you didnt change the outer hubs? i never knew this would work.

I could have sworn that they all used different axles, but i guess im wrong, sorry guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts