Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D15B7 block with a B2 head. I'm having trouble finding the right sized timing belt, the OEM one off my B2 block is too small for my combo, and a D16 one I have is too big as well. I'm also using a Y8 water pump.

Should I look for a B7 timing belt or is there going to be something specific I'll need to use to get a properly fitting timing belt?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a brand new one left over from another build, they looked identical.

So the water pump is my problem?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a B2 belt so I'd guess 106 then, but that is too small. I dont know how many teeth a D16Y8 TB has, but it is too big when I tried it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
92-95 civic vx belt (d15z1) = 103 teeth
92+ d16 belt (d16z6,d16y5/y7/y8) = 104 teeth
88-95 d15b2/b7/b8 = 106 teeth
88-91 d16a6 = 107 teeth

Make shure that water pump fits right. I bought a B7 water pump once and it was smaller then the B2 and as soon as I started the car it leaked. Look at the water pump on it´s header side and see if there is no space left open ther or if the WP is not bigger. Also check how many teeth and the pulley size on the WP. But I think Sleepingciv is right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If thats the case, I may be mistaken. I'll have to compare them again in the morning. It sounds like I may have created a 105 tooth situation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Y8 one can't be returned now, I figured a timing belt would be cheaper than a new pump, given its a nice pump now. I guess thats what I'll have to do, thanks alot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a B7 pump today to resolve my problems, and the Y8 pump did not mount evenly on the B7 block, there was a gap that would have leaked. Thanks again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts