Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys hows it going? you guessed it by the title, im seeing if there any on here htat have built one of these "d15 strokers". I am haveing trouble finding threads on it, so im guessing not alot of people fool with these. I just heard from a reputable builder freind of mine that it can be done and has, so any info on putting d16 rods and crank into a d15 would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
hey guys hows it going? you guessed it by the title, im seeing if there any on here htat have built one of these "d15 strokers". I am haveing trouble finding threads on it, so im guessing not alot of people fool with these. I just heard from a reputable builder freind of mine that it can be done and has, so any info on putting d16 rods and crank into a d15 would be much appreciated.
i belive d16 rods are three mm longer than d15 rods. I dont think you would have to notch the block for the rods, but your R/S ratio would be horrible. i would be amazed if you got that engine over 6krpms without throwing a rod.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
shorter deck D15 doesn't need a stroker setup.

If ANYTHING, main bearing spacers to run a D15B crank in the taller D16 block, then longer than stock Eagle B18 rods slimmed to fit D crank and pistons.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im currently putting together a d16, i just want to see if there is any use for my d15. Aftermarket rods are just to pricey, compared to a d16 so im trying to find what its good for, if anything at all.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
D15's aren't used for much right now. Your pretty limited with lower end parts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately ur right, lol i still wanna try somrthing different with a d15 one of these days;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts