Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a motor to build up fr boost
i can across someone that will trade me thing enginer with 30,000 miles on it its a d15 sohc vtec engine, are these good engines to boost, can i find stuff like rods and pistons for these easly, i was wanting to go with a z6 but not seeing anyone that wants to trade for that yet?

P

·
0 Posts
from what ive read they seem to be decent. but like all d-series motors i wouldnt go over 7 lbs of boost without tuning, and i wouldnt go much more without building the bottom end.

O

·
0 Posts
I have dyno sheets posted of my car doing 9.8 lbs of boost and hitting 210 wheel power.

P

·
0 Posts
good point, and im sure you do know more about this than me, but id rather build and be safe.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
there is guy on h-t that was running 15 psi on his stock d15b. he said he has got some rods and other goodies now. i;d do a search there.

O

·
0 Posts
idont; liek HT. their site is full of a lto of problem causers and only a few well knowledgable people. so you have to be vERY carefull. a lot of guys lie on that site to try to look good. That's another reason I do not endourse it.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
My d15b vtec does well with an hf manifold, t-3 nissan turbo, ford probe intercooler, mitsu 440 injectors, hondata, and a walboro pump.
With this I am pushing 8 psi daily and when i want more I just need head studs(arp), a hondata intake gasket, and a thicker head gasket and I could push 12 psi daily.
I know I have to be close to 200 whp cause damn it takes off like hell!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Yes I can vouche for the toughness of a D-series engine. I picked up a D15B7 for free with 215k miles on it. I slapped on a JRSC with a 8psi pulley and boosted the sob till 250k miles. It saw 10psi around 6k rpm just about everyday merging onto the freeway. Daily drivin abuse and I drove it HARD!! I just bought a D15B Vtec motor and will be putting the JRSC on it also. I will let you know how it works out but I am sure with the right tuning it will handle it no prob.

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Yes I can vouche for the toughness of a D-series engine. I picked up a D15B7 for free with 215k miles on it. I slapped on a JRSC with a 8psi pulley and boosted the sob till 250k miles. It saw 10psi around 6k rpm just about everyday merging onto the freeway. Daily drivin abuse and I drove it HARD!! I just bought a D15B Vtec motor and will be putting the JRSC on it also. I will let you know how it works out but I am sure with the right tuning it will handle it no prob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts