Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've done some research, and can't seem to find any company that makes a d15 rod.....i have an extra d15 block and i want to tear into it, and build a fun streetable turbo motor. Last time i did this the car blew up on a good tune within 500 miles. SO i want some rods and pistons in this motor b4 i go building another one.....

cliffs- who makes rods for the d15 motors???? or is there a stock rod that will hold 250-275 whp?

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
IrideCRX said:
. Last time i did this the car blew up on a good tune within 500 miles. SO i want some rods and pistons in this motor b4 i go building another one.....

cliffs- who makes rods for the d15 motors???? or is there a stock rod that will hold 250-275 whp?
no offence but it obvioulsy wasn't that good a tune, or the motor was in poor shape. the stock rods willl handle that power , but at best is a little sketchy. i have 218whp and i feel confident in trying my luck and going for 250whp.
D15b vtec rods are the same as Z6 rods if that was you side note, search it's been covered. :beer:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
the d15b4 rods are much thinner the the d15b, so it could be rod failure. I think crower make some for your d15

1 - 6 of 6 Posts