Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what, if any are the differences in the bottom ends of the d15vtec and d15 non vtec??? reason i ask is cuz i have a y8 head with manifold and need a bottom block. Funds are low and I want a block with papers and legit so looks like my option are to either get a d15 non vtec and throw the y8 head on or get the d15vtec and leave it alone... or swap the head(not sure if it will benifit from it)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
depends on which blocks your are talking about.

Three different D15 VTEC bottom ends, each is different.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not the vtec-e motor i know that much, and i think it is 92-95 vtec d15b.. not the z1 either... not sure if there is another one.. and the nonvtec one is a 92-95 d15 not the 96+ one ... does that help define the 2 motors i am tryna compare??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just wanna see if the d15b is ok to throw into a 00 civic as it is, or would swappin the head to a 00ex head would make any difference, if not i rather leave it alone and just swap the 00 manifold on it so all the sensors line up... or if i can even buy the 92-95 nonvtec block and throw a 00ex head on that motor would it give me a similar result as the 92-95 d15bvtec one..... Just tryna figure out which move is more logically and which is gonna give me the best bang for the buck type situation.. thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
just wanna see if the d15b is ok to throw into a 00 civic as it is, or would swappin the head to a 00ex head would make any difference, if not i rather leave it alone and just swap the 00 manifold on it so all the sensors line up... or if i can even buy the 92-95 nonvtec block and throw a 00ex head on that motor would it give me a similar result as the 92-95 d15bvtec one..... Just tryna figure out which move is more logically and which is gonna give me the best bang for the buck type situation.. thanks
Why are you trying to use a d15 block? just curious?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
long story short is my dx motor went so i bought a y8 motor off the internet and it turned out to be no good, so now down $200 and still needin a motor decided to buy one from a engine store such as hmotors or tigerjdm etc.. and for a y8 or z6 they are charging to much, especially considering i already wasted $200, so basically my budget is restricting me to get one of these d15 motors it will be cheaper for me to get, and plus this is a car for commuting for racing, ... i was just wondering if there was any difference between a d15 nonvtec with a y8 head vs. a 92-95d15bvtec vs. a 92-95d15bvtec with a y8 head...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts