Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. im new here, and sorry for my english.. its so bad :noway:

i used d15 block (thailand, its D15A vtec) on my car

i wanna change my head.. which one better D15B JDM 3stage vtec or D16Z6 head ?
but i think i ll choose d15b jdm one.. right ?

but i wanna ask, are d15's engine part and d16's same and can be mix up ? like performance camshaft,intake manifold,valve,valve spring even pistons and rods??
i ask this question because theres nothing when i search d15's engine part in the internet like ebay or something else,they have only for d16z

thx alot guys

·
Registered
315 Posts
performance camshaft - you would need for the head you purchase
intake manifold - any D-series manifold
valve - for the head you buy
valve spring - for the head you buy
pistons - for the block athough you have a choice but you will need to do more research into that using the search button
rods - D15 custom Eagle rods IIRC

Hope that helps

Chris ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my goal ?just for N/A street performance and sometimes 402 metres drag/sprint

@chrisellis
u mean i must use the part that made specially for d15b ? like camshaft.. d15b's and d16z6 are the same,right ?so i can buy the part for d16z to plug in my d15b

am i wrong ?

·
Registered
315 Posts
some bits between the z6 and d15b head are similar but not the same, it's not a conversion i have done so you will have to do the reseach yourself. other cams will fit, yes. You just might need to change you cam pulley with cams so that it reset's you timing to 0degrees. There are many people who have done this conversion before on here so have a look on the forum using the search button near the top right of the page.

Hope some of my info was of help though

Chris ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx for the reply chriss..

and for the info ^^

oh yeah chriss, if u are me who use d15 block, which one you will choose d15b jdm head 3 stage vtec or d16z6 head SOHC vtec for the power,flexibility n compatibility of changing engine part ?? and why u choose that

thx alot

·
Registered
48 Posts
D15B Vtec puts out 5 more HP than the D16Z6.. they both have similar parts and you could put the head of the Z6 on there but I would only do it if I put in the pistons from a D16A1 and a 2-layer D16Y8 Head gasket.. that raises the compression to 12.5:1... with the D15B head, using those D16A1 pistons and that 2-layer head gasket you'll get about 11.4:1 compression ratio.. both good for N/A but the 12.5:1 is the ideal compression ratio you're gonna want.. just be prepared to run 93 octane fuel..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thx for the reply pandevida,

so.. when i stay use my d15a vtec block ( here,i dont know my d15a similar to any d15b.. maybe d15b1,b2,b7 ? but exactly not d15b jdm because im in indonesia and my car is honda city type Z and its not from japan but maybe thailand)

my standar d15a vtec head is the one that have VTEC word on the bottom of HONDA word not like d15b jdm or d16z6 which have vtec word first before honda

that cause i want to change my head with d15b jdm or d16z6 head

nah with my d15a block and d15bjdm/d16z6 head.. can i change my pistons and rod with d16 ? even that is d16a1,z6 or something else better to gain more compresion, oh yeah i have milled my head to

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ummmm.. anybody can help me ? hiks... im confusing:(

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
this guys english is just as good as milo's...i like the three stage vtec head. i would port the head, and increase compression....welcome to the d-series!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
who is milo ?
hahaha.. bad english huh ? :p sorry guys :hammer:

should i change my ECU too ?

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
who is milo ?
hahaha.. bad english huh ? :p sorry guys :hammer:

should i change my ECU too ?
Milo is a member here who speaks perfect english but chooses to communicate like he dosent...you do better than he does,

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahahah,yah maybe ... but i dont know exactly who milo is.. can you show me where he posted his thread maybe.. :hammer:

nah nah this is out of topic ,but no problem ..just intermezzo :noway:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts